Instant pot butternut squash soup is velvety smooth soup, perfect for lunch or dinner. It’s a great winter meal with crusty bread. This soup is vegan, naturally gluten free and has extra kick from red bell peppers and curry powder. It only takes minutes in your instant pot to get this soup ready.
Instant pot butternut squash soup has wonderful fall flavors to it. This is by far the most wonderful butternut squash soup I’ve ever tasted. It’s mildly spiced and has fall flavors to it. With green apples, carrots, onions and garlic (add ginger as well if you want more flavor in the soup) this healthy butternut squash soup is perfect winter soup to warm up your belly.
Chilly air, long sleeves sweater, socks covering up your feet means you want to curl up in your sofas with covers on. And oh, a big mug/bowl of soup in your hand! Can you imagine that? Cold weather is actually the best. Apart from everything mentioned about winter season, another great think is you also get to enjoy this season of soups with a whole variety and ranges of soups.
Especially in winters there is nothing better than dunking in your crusty, buttery bread into warm bowl of smooth velvety soup. It’s quick and easy to make and needs BASIC ingredients. Butternut squash soup instant pot keeps well for days and it freezes like a champ. All you’ll need is crusty warm toasted bread for dunking.
The sweetness from butternut squash, slight tang from the apples, mild kick from red bell peppers and curry powder and all other flavors and spices makes this instant pot butternut squash soup ultra delicious!
Why you should make this Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- No fancy ingredients
- It’s got all wonderful fall flavors
- It’s perfect winter soup to warm you up
- It’s totally healthy
- It’s vegan, gluten free, diary free and oil free
- It’s dump-it-all-at-once-cook kinda of soup
- It’s very fast to make( 10 minutes on instant pot)
- It’s got mild spice kick to it
- It’s a great make-ahead soup
- Wonderful way to use up butternut squash from your kitchen
- You can make it large batches and it’s easy to freeze
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Ingredients
Simple basic ingredients is all you need –
Granny smith apples
Red bell peppers
Salt and pepper to taste
More soup recipe inspirations for you –
A few more exciting Fall soup recipes for you –
Why I choose to make butternut squash soup in instant pot
Instant pot has gotten a lot of buzz lately. And why not! It’s a versatile multi-cooker that can do the job of a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, and more. It also saves you counter space and money.
The pressure cook features allow it to cook everything so much faster and saves so much time. You also don’t have to physically stand next to it to keep a watch.
Most of the instant pot recipes are dump-in-all-at-once-and-cook types. This instant pot butternut squash recipe is just that. Dump all soup ingredients (except for coconut milk) at once and cook in pressure cook setting for about 7-10 minutes, that otherwise would take 45 minutes.
If you want to enhance flavor of this soup a little more, you can saute onions and garlic first until they begin to brown and then add in all other ingredients, pour in broth, cover and close lid and cook for 7 minutes in HIGH PRESSURE setting.
Another reason you have to make this soup in instant pot is you can keep it warm (using keep warm setting) for couple of hours even after soup is done. Make it couple of hours before dinner time and set it on KEEP WARM mode. All you’ll need is buttery crusty warm bread for dunking.
Love instant pot recipes? Check out our other favorite instant pot recipes –
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
How to cut butternut squash – Peel skin on butternut squash. Cut into half through the middle. Scrape out the seeds. Cut lengthwise slices, stack all the slices together and make crosswise cuts to make cubes.
Dump all ingredients(except coconut milk) into instant pot.
Add vegetable broth and seasoning as per taste.
Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Please note, instant pot will take a few minutes to build up pressure and then the cooking time starts.
Once cooking time is over, quick release the pressure by turning valve into VENTING mode.
Add coconut milk into the pot.
Using immersion blender, blend all ingredients until smooth.
Check for seasoning and add if required.
Select KEEP WARM setting to soup warm until ready to serve.
Pour into individual serving bowls.
Garnish and serve with warm buttery crusty bread.
WATCH QUICK RECIPE VIDEO INSTANT POT BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- 1 medium butternut squash about 2 pound, Peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 large carrots cut into chunks
- 1 large Granny Smith apples diced
- 2 small white onions diced
- ½ cup celery rib chopped small
- 1 small red bell peppers diced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger chopped (I skipped this)
- 4-5 sage leaves
- 2 ½ teaspoon curry powder or use cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ¾ cup thick coconut milk
- Few teaspoons of coconut milk to drizzle or swirl
- Sunflower seeds
- Dried cranberries
- Thyme leaf
- Into the pot add butternut squash cubes, white onions, carrots, green apples, celery, red bell peppers, garlic.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour vegetable stock into the pot.
- Cover the lid, ensure the pressure valve is in SEALING position.
- Select PRESSURE COOK mode on the pot and adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
- Once cooking time is over, manually release pressure by turning pressure valve to VENTING mode.
- Open lid, add coconut milk.
- Remove sage leaves if you don’t like, I left it on.
- 10. Using immersion blender, blend soup into smooth velvety texture.
- 11. Ladle out soup into individual serving bowls.
- 12. Garnish with any of your favorite ingredients. We swirled a few teaspoons of coconut milk, sprinkled sunflower seeds, dried cranberry and fresh thyme leaves.
- 13. Serve warm with crusty bread on the side.