Instant pot butternut squash soup is velvety smooth soup, perfect for lunch or dinner. It’s a great winter meal with crusty bread. This soup is vegan, naturally gluten free and has extra kick from red bell peppers and curry powder. It only takes minutes in your instant pot to get this soup ready.
butternut squash, soup, instant pot recipes
Servings: 4 people
Calories: 252 kcal
about 2 pound, Peeled and chopped into cubes
cut into chunks
Granny Smith apples
red bell peppers
chopped (I skipped this)
or use cayenne pepper
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
thick coconut milk
Few teaspoons of coconut milk to drizzle or swirl
How to cut butternut squash - Peel skin on butternut squash. Cut into half through the middle. Scrape out the seeds. Cut lengthwise slices, stack all the slices together and make crosswise cuts to make cubes.
Into the pot add butternut squash cubes, white onions, carrots, green apples, celery, red bell peppers, garlic.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour vegetable stock into the pot.
Cover the lid, ensure the pressure valve is in SEALING position.
Select PRESSURE COOK mode on the pot and adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
Once cooking time is over, manually release pressure by turning pressure valve to VENTING mode.
Open lid, add coconut milk.
Remove sage leaves if you don’t like, I left it on.
10. Using immersion blender, blend soup into smooth velvety texture.
11. Ladle out soup into individual serving bowls.
12. Garnish with any of your favorite ingredients. We swirled a few teaspoons of coconut milk, sprinkled sunflower seeds, dried cranberry and fresh thyme leaves.
13. Serve warm with crusty bread on the side.
Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
Amount Per Serving (0 g)
Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 8g
Total Carbohydrates 42g
Dietary Fiber 7g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.