Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
Instant pot butternut squash soup is velvety smooth soup, perfect for lunch or dinner. It’s a great winter meal with crusty bread. This soup is vegan, naturally gluten free and has extra kick from red bell peppers and curry powder. It only takes minutes in your instant pot to get this soup ready.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 butternut squash about 2 pound, Peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 carrot cut into chunks
- 1 Granny Smith apples diced
- 2 white onions diced
- ½ cup celery rib chopped small
- 1 red bell peppers diced
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger chopped (I skipped this)
- 4-5 sage leaves
- 2 ½ teaspoon curry powder or use cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- ¾ cup thick coconut milk
- Few teaspoons of coconut milk to drizzle or swirl
- Sunflower seeds
- Dried cranberries
How to cut butternut squash - Check this post to know how to cut butternut squash.
Into the pot add butternut squash cubes, white onions, carrots, green apples, celery, red bell peppers, garlic.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pour vegetable stock into the pot.
Cover the lid, ensure the pressure valve is in SEALING position.
Select PRESSURE COOK mode on the pot and adjust the timer to 10 minutes.
Once cooking time is over, manually release pressure by turning pressure valve to VENTING mode.
Open lid, add coconut milk.
Remove sage leaves if you don’t like, I left it on.
Using immersion blender, blend soup into smooth velvety texture.
Ladle out soup into individual serving bowls.
Garnish with any of your favorite ingredients. We swirled a few teaspoons of coconut milk, sprinkled sunflower seeds, dried cranberry and fresh thyme leaves.
Serve warm with crusty bread on the side.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- To enhance flavor of this soup - saute onions and garlic until they begin to brown and then add rest of the ingredients, pour in broth, cover and close lid and cook.
- If you don't like curry powder flavor, use cayenne or even smoked paprika. Also adjust the quantity as per your spice tolerance levels.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 252kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 744mg | Potassium: 1063mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 23865IU | Vitamin C: 86.6mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 3.5mg