Thai vegan pumpkin soup recipe is hearty and comforting one pot soups that is light, satisfying and so delicious! Made with coconut milk it’s vegan and packed with big flavors!
For some reason (I’m guessing season change) my immune system is quite challenged. I’ve been literally sneezing, blowing my nose and rubbing my itchy face all day long. My head is pounding. Yes, allergies! And when my sinuses swell I feel I am near end of the world. Every season change the story is the same. The struggle is the same.
As an adult, being sick sucks. It is the worst feeling. All I want to do is lie in bed and sleep, but I just couldn’t. Unfinished work at home, kids to feed, it’s just not happening. A bowls of this Thai vegan pumpkin soup recipe did soothe my soul (to an extent).
Is it the season or the heavy ice creams and granitas I have been hogging like there is no tomorrow past few months, the reason behind my allergies! 😛 I still wonder!
Pumpkin Curry Soup
Thai pumpkin soup is thick, creamy, spicy, zing and slight sweet(from the pumpkin)all in one. And the color is gorgeous, isn’t it?! I used store bought Thai red paste(sauce) you can use homemade if you have it.
When it’s pumpkin season, you cannot afford to miss to treat yourself with some delicious comforting pumpkin soup! With so much pumpkin recipes going around on the internet, it’s only fair for us to give our share of pumpkin love in our space!
Why Does Thai Vegan Pumpkin Soup Recipe Work
- A perfect soup that celebrates fall and all things pumpkin. The earthyness and sweetness of pumpkin stands out in this soup!
- It’s creamy in consistency without a drop of cream in it. Flavorful and satisfying vegan soup great for busy weeknights.
- It’s ridiculously easy to make. The only hard part is chopping pumpkins. But you can cheat and make the process faster by skipping chopping pumpkin if you have homemade pumpkin puree ready made at home!
- It’s got exotic flavors from Thai cuisine. Thai curry paste (vegan) along with coconut milk gives you fragrant, sweet, mildly spicy, with exotic flavored soup.
- This soup stores well. Don’t hesitate to make Thai pumpkin soup ahead and store it in fridge to enjoy later. You can freeze it too.
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES FOR YOU TO TRY –
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
SHOP RELATED PRODUCTS –
Thai Vegan Pumpkin Soup Recipe
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 small white onion
- 5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 inch fresh ginger minced
- 1 tablespoon Thai red paste vegan paste, we used store bought
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 ½ to 2 cups vegetable stock adjust depending on the consistency you like
- Salt to taste
- Juice of half lime
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Fresh red chilies
- Coconut milk
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Lime wedges
- Heat olive oil in large sauce pan. Add finely chopped onions and sauté until soft. Add ginger and garlic pieces and sauté for a minute. Add red Thai paste and cook further 1 minute. Add pumpkin puree and stir. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes with constant stirring.
- Add vegetable sauce and bring it to boil. Simmer and let it bubble for next 25 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper powder according to taste.
- Add coconut milk, stir and cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Blend the soup until it’s consistency is smooth.
- Pour it back into the same sauce pan and bring it to boil again. Skip this step if using stick blender.
- Stir in lime juice.
- Pour hot soup into serving bowls. Swirl in coconut milk, sprinkle coriander leaves and fresh red chilies. Serve immediately.
- Pumpkin Puree – While you can certainly use canned pumpkin puree, we recommend you to use homemade pumpkin puree. It’s fresh, full of pumpkin flavors and so much more better and cheaper than canned stuff!
- Thai Red Curry Paste – This recipe for pumpkin soup calls for vegan Thai curry paste. If you don’t care about vegan soup, feel free to use regular Thai red curry paste.
- Adjust curry paste measure to suit your taste buds. You can make it spicy as you want or mild as you prefer!