Happy Friday!!! And that calls for some pizza! Friday night got to be pizza night right?! Today it’s not any regular pizza we are going to talking about, we are going a little wild. Put on that experimental hot on and let’s do zucchini pizza y’all!!
A good pizza sauce spread generously over the pizza crust and zucchini slices scattered all over. A good pizza according to me has to have a good seasoning. So come on there, don’t be shy, be generous, go bold with seasoning.
A riot of green, yellow, red, this zucchini pizza is light and packed with flavors. The flavors are simple here. Fresh pizza base made from homemade pizza dough , mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, salt, fresh ground pepper and loads of Italian pizza seasoning! Then, top with zucchini slices and fresh basil leaves to enhance the flavour of the pizza. When the pizza comes out it has that perfectly balanced, well seasoned beautiful pizza.
Check these pizza recipes too –
SPINACH AND EGG BREAKFAST PIZZA
POTATO PIZZA ON GLUTEN FREE CRUST
Ok I know what you are thinking. Zucchini is the worst topping for a pizza! It’s so watery and bland. So how do you punch up the flavors of this typically bland zucchini pizza ?! I have found a very easy and effective way to do that. Once zucchini is sliced, toss it with salt and garlic (minced) for few minutes, then squeeze out all the liquids from zucchini. Then pat dry it with kitchen towel and then use it for the topping. So now your delicious pizza wont turn soggy while it cooks and absorb as much flavour as it can from the seasoning.
Making pizza at home is now very easy; Delmonte Pizza Sauce which has the authentic Italian taste makes every pizza delicious. Now you don’t have to spend a lot buying pizza from outside, make healthy and hygienic pizza at home.
- 2 no pizza base (check homemade pizza base recipe on the blog)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup basil pesto
- ½ cup green zucchini, sliced
- ½ cup yellow zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic(minced)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon pizza spice mix
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Few fresh basil leaves
- Slice zucchini, toss with salt and minced garlic and let it sit for 15 to 20 minutes. Squeeze out all the liquid from zucchini slices. Pat dry on clean kitchen towel.
- Generously spread pizza sauce over the pizza base. If using basil pesto, spread that too over the pizza sauce.
- Arrange sliced zucchini over the pizza base.
- Add the grated mozzarella cheese covering the top. Place a few fresh basil leaves on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 150 degree centigrade until the cheese melts.
- Remove from oven, Sprinkle all the seasoning, evenly on top.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Comments & Reviews
mansi desai says
this is very effective and very learnable posting you have posted here so thanks for this posting i like your posting ,
so thanks for this posting ,
Thank you Mansi.. Hope you give this dish a try!