Chicken enchilada tortilla roll-ups are perfect party appetizers for game day, or any gatherings. These tortilla roll-ups is super easy and fast to make. They’re always a crowd pleaser!
Kids approved recipe and adults can’t keep their hands off these!
If you need an make-ahead appetizer recipe that is fit for a crowd, tortilla roll-ups with cream cheese would be a perfect fit. Creamy filling with amazing flavors are spread over tortillas and rolled and cut into pinwheel shapes, and trust me guys these tortilla pinwheels are amazing!
If you’re hosting game-day party or any party, tortilla pinwheels should be the appetizer you’d be making. It’s easy and fast party appetizer, packed with full of flavors. Make it ahead and store in it fridge. Serve it later during the party!
These are cute little bombs! With cream cheese, cheddar and Parmesan cheese, bacon, green onions, celery, and chicken are all mixed together. This is spread over tortilla and rolled tightly. Cut into tortilla pinwheel shapes, these bite sized finger food can be made ahead of time.
Hosting a party could mean you are pressed of time to make a ton of things for the party. That’s the time we need some great make ahead dishes which will give you some breathing time to make other dishes you want to make for a party!
Cook chicken, mix the filling and roll up the tortillas with the filling previous night. Store the roll-ups in fridge until next day. And serve it slices into tortilla pinwheels just before the party! And yes, they’re always a crowd pleaser.
Kids would love the cheese chicken filling and the subtle flavors in the dish would draw the adults towards it.
Chicken enchilada tortilla roll-ups screams pick me up and eat! Fit for any party finger food, serve it on it’s own, or jazz it up a little with a spicy dipping sauce on the sauce. SO GOOD!
There are zillions of tortilla roll-up appetizers recipes out there, for eat choice of eating food. If your vegetarian you can make veggie loaded tortilla roll-ups, or make it vegan if you please with vegan cheese. Since my family loves chicken and I’d be happy to feed my kids some protein any given day, we went with chicken tortilla roll-ups!
This irresistible cream cheese tortilla roll-ups has a wonderful balance of tang, spice and creaminess! I bet you won’t stop eating.
How to Make Chicken Tortilla Roll Ups
Start with cooking chicken. Season well chicken breasts with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Cook chicken in olive oil for few minutes on each side until chicken is cooked through. Shred the chicken and keep aside.
For the cream cheese filling, mix in a bowl, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Parmesan, green onions, celery, enchilada sauce (optional), shredded chicken and mix well.
Warm tortilla on a skillet. Spread generous amount of cream cheese filling over lightly warm tortillas, leaving the edges.
Roll the tortillas really tight.
Now you can cut the tortillas with sharp knife immediately and serve.
Or wrap it in cling film and refrigerate it until party serving time.
Chicken Tortilla Roll Ups Ingredients
Tortillas – You can use flour tortillas, corn tortillas, spinach tortillas. Also feel free to use any size you want. If you’re in mood to serve bite-sized tortilla pinwheels then smaller tortillas would work.
Cream Cheese – Using softened cream cheese is crucial while you plan to make tortilla pinwheels. If you forgot to take your slab of cream cheese from refrigerator ahead of time to soften on the counter, then transfer the slab of cream cheese into microwavable safe bowl and microwave it on high power for 15(to 20) seconds.
Also to lower the fat use low fat version of cream cheese.
Cheese – Sharp cheddar cheese not just impart flavor to the dish, the bright orange color of cheddar gives tortilla roll ups colorful look.
I’d also like to use Parmesan along with cheddar for extra flavor and taste to the dish.
Green Onions – For that extra crunch and freshness.
Celery – For added taste and texture.
Bacon – Bacon makes everything taste amazing. My advise, don’t skip bacon. Bacon also adds saltiness and rich taste to the dish.
Enchilada Sauce – I used a tiny bit, but feel free to use how much ever you like to. It gives a lot of flavors along with mild kick to the dish.
Make sure you check our other favorite game-day party appetizers –
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
CHICKEN ENCHILADA TORTILLA ROLL UPS RECIPE VIDEO
Click play to watch video or you can scroll down to recipe card if you want written recipe.
Chicken Enchilada Tortilla Roll-Ups
To make shredded chicken
- 3 chicken breasts
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
For tortilla roll ups
- 4 12 ” flour tortillas
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup green onions finely chopped
- ½ cup celery finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon enchilada sauce
- ½ cup bacon crushed into small pieces
- Season chicken breasts with salt, pepper and smoked paprika.
- Heat olive oil, and cook chicken breasts. Flip and cook on both sides until breasts is cooked through.
- Remove cooked chicken breasts from skillet onto a bowl. Shred chicken breast using 2 forks.
- In another bowl mix cream cheese, cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, green onions, celery, enchilada sauce, bacon and shredded chicken. Mix it all well together to form of spreadable mix.
- Warm tortillas slightly over a skillet or directly over fire for flash of seconds on both sides.
- Spread chicken mix over the tortillas leaving the edges.
- Roll tightly.
- If serving immediately slice the rolls into even slices using sharp knife.
- If you making it ahead of time, wrap tortilla roll ups in cling film and refrigerate it over night or until use. You can make the rolls rolled and kept ready 24 hours before serving.
- The next day, remove tortillas from wraps and slice it on chopping board with sharp knife.
- The edges are mostly uneven, so I don’t serve it to the crowd. But I do pop them in my mouth soon as I slice the rolls 😀
- Serve tortilla roll ups on it’s own, or serving it with any dipping sauce of your choice.