This is the best time of the year when it comes to variety of seasonal produce available at the market. Strawberries are almost on their way out till next year, and the last produce of these juicy chunky delicious fruit makes me feel sad and I’m gonna miss these beautiful looking fruit until next year, I have tried to use fresh juicy strawberries as much as I could and I’m glad that I tried a couple of new strawberry recipes this year.
Few of my strawberry recipes that are I have posted are here-
Strawberry Jam – Will be posting the recipe very soon
Today’s post is Strawberry milk shake. Well, milk shakes are very common in almost all the house hold and each person does it in her own way. This is one of the most common way of preparing milk shakes. Simple, yet delicious.
Serving – 2
Fresh strawberries – 10 nos
Chilled milk – 1 cup(use low fat milk to keep the calories down)
Lime juice – 3-4 drops
Sugar – 4 tbspns(adjust as per sweetness of the fruit and your preference)
Home made strawberry Ice cream – 1 scoop
Method of preparation:-
1. Wash and hull the strawberries. Cut each into small pieces.
2. In a blender add cut strawberries, chilled milk, sugar and lime juice and blend until all the pieces of strawberries are broken down.
3. Add strawberry ice cream and blend again until everything is well blended.
4. That’s it! Serve them immediately and always serve them chilled.
1. use low fat milk to keep the calories down.
2. Avoid ice cream if you are calorie conscious.
3. Adding lime juice brings out the taste of strawberries. But please do not add more than 3 drop as it will turn the milk shake tangy.