This summer beat heat with this easy to make spicy watermelon margarita. This watermelon-infused tequila drink is so refreshing and summer-y, you definitely want to make a big batch of it.
Why Should You Try This Margarita?
1. Spicy watermelon margarita is cool, refreshing with a hint of spice and instantly takes the heat off on hot summer days. Make a big batch, trust me, you’ll be drinking this all day long to cool you from the heat.
2. This adult cocktail is simple and easy to make.
3. There is no better way to celebrate summer than with watermelon recipes. And margarita scores always for best summer drink!
4. A definite crowd pleaser all the way.
5. This cocktail drink would be perfect for cinco-de-mayo, BBQ backyard party, potluck or any hot summer day.
6. Heat ways have been brutal, you’ll need more margaritas this summer. There is no such thing as too many margarita recipes. Nope!
7. Fruity watermelon and spicy jalapenos is a deadly combination in case you haven’t tried! Trust me! A little spice in life will only do you good.
8. Don’t have cocktail shaker? Read below to know how to make margaritas without it.
9. It’s time to relax and have a glass or two of margarita! Drink up, relax and enjoy life! Cheers!
Ingredients For Watermelon Jalapeno Margarita
Fresh and ripe watermelon
Blanco Tequila or 100% silver agave
Sweetener (optional, add only if needed) – you can use agave nectar, or honey or refined sugar.
Salt and Chili powder for making margarita glass rim
How To Make Watermelon Margarita
Refreshing cooling watermelon margarita recipe is pretty simple. It needs simple ingredients with easy to make anytime. This summer, kick the heat off with spicy watermelon margarita recipe.
It all starts with watermelon. Fresh, ripe watermelon are best to make margaritas. Fresh chunks of watermelon is juiced in a blender. Ideally you should be using seedless watermelon. Since we couldn’t find seedless watermelon, we blend the watermelon along with seeds and strained the juice.
If watermelon has seeds in it, don’t bother removing each and every seed. Blend and strain in fine mesh sieve, that’ll do.
Once the juice is ready, add all other ingredients – lime juice, tequila, sweetener of your choice (agave nectar would be best option, honey would work too), few jalapenos slices, ice cubes to watermelon into cocktail shaker and shake vigorously.
Serve watermelon margarita in glasses coated with salt and chili powder rim.
Many opt for sugar coating on margarita glasses. I’m biased when it comes to margaritas. I need to have the salt rim. And this watermelon cocktail needs something little extra than plain salt. It needs the kick. After all it’s watermelon jalapenos margarita remember?! It’s got to have the kick. So chili powder mixed with sea salt (crushed) is best way to serve this summer margarita.
Can I Make Watermelon Margarita Without Cocktail Shaker
Some of us don’t own a cocktail shaker! That’s right, I confess. We still don’t own a cocktail shaker! But that doesn’t stop us from making homemade margaritas and enjoying them especially during summer.
So if you are someone like us who don’t own cocktail shaker, don’t leave us here. We got you covered.
Go-To Coffee Mugs:
What if we told you can make margarita with your go-to coffee mugs?!
You heard it right. Those spill proof go-to coffee mugs can be used instead of cocktail shaker. The small hole through which you sip coffee can be used to pour shaken cocktail without the need of a strainer.
Oh yes, those mason jars are wonder jars. Not just used for storage, but you can also shake your cocktail with it. Close the jar tightly with the lid and shake the cocktail. Pour into glasses through a strainer.
Protein Shaker / Sports Bottle :
You need to have leak proof bottles to shake cocktails.
Two Cups :
Age old method used by many to shake cocktail without cocktail shaker is two cups method. Two cups one should be slightly smaller than the other. Pour cocktail into one cup, place it on counter. Place the other cup upside down into the cup, this will form a seal between cups.
Shake well. Tilt top cup about 5-10 degrees to the side to break the seal. Pour cocktail into the glasses and serve.
What Is The Best Type Of Tequila For Margaritas?
It’s not margarita if there is no tequila in the drink. Some may wonder what is the best tequila to use to make margaritas!
The answer is you need to grab a BLANCO TEQUILA. It’s un-aged, mellowed-out. It’s got the purest flavor thus complementing the rest of the ingredients in margarita.
Tips To Make Good Margarita
- Always keep your tequila in the fridge, so you have the best cooling cocktail drink.
- ONLY use glass to keep margarita in the fridge. Glass pitcher is best! No metal or plastic please.
- Always shake margaritas with ice only before serving. And serve immediately.
- Salted rim glasses are must for margaritas. It’s no fun to drink margarita without salted (and chili mix) rim. If your feeling creative try other fun flavored salts on the rim.
MORE REFRESHING WATERMELON RECIPES FIT FOR SUMMER :
TRYING TO THINK OF MORE SUMMERTIME TREATS? TRY THESE RECIPES –
5-Minutes Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
Grilled Pineapple With Brown Sugar Rum Glaze
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? KEEP IN TOUCH AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ANY OF CURRYTRAIL RECIPES! FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, TWITTER.
HAVE YOU TRIED ONE OF MY RECIPES? I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU’VE MADE! TAKE A PICTURE AND USE THE HASHTAG #CURRYTRAIL ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE! I’LL DO A HAPPY DANCE IF YOU TRY MY RECIPE AND SHARE IT WITH US!
📋 Recipe: Spicy Watermelon Margarita
- 2 cups seedless watermelon rind removed, cubes
- ¼ cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- ¾ cup tequila blanco tequila or 100% agave solver
- 1 tablespoon sweetener optional (use agave nectar, honey)
- 2 Jalapenos sliced
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Chili Powder
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Ice Cubes
- Use seedless fully ripe watermelon. To make watermelon juice, slice off the ends of watermelon, remove rind from it. Cut circle slices of watermelon and them cut into cubes. Add cubes watermelon into blender and blend into a smooth juice.
- If the watermelon has seeds don’t bother removing the seeds one by one. Blend it into juice along with seeds and then strain the juice using fine sieve strainer.
- Strain the juice through strainer to get fine clear watermelon juice.
Shake The Margarita:
- Pour watermelon juice into cocktail shaker (if you don’t have cocktail shaker, check notes below to know how to make margaritas without it). Add rest of the ingredients. Shake well for 30 seconds to 45 seconds. You will shake margaritas with ice only before sharing.
Prepping Margarita Glasses:
- Many opt for sugar coating on margarita glasses. I’m biased when it comes to margaritas. I need to have the salt rim. And this watermelon cocktail needs something little extra than plain salt. It needs the kick. After all it’s watermelon jalapenos margaritas remember?! It’s got to have the kick. So chili powder mixed with sea salt (crushed) is best way to serve this summer margarita.
- Pour cocktail into salt and chili powder rimmed cocktail glasses. Serve with 1 or 2 cubes of ice. A slice of jalapenos and a small cut watermelon piece.
- Serve immediately. Cheers!
Comments & Reviews
Liz Cleland says
This is the perfect Summer beverage! Now if the New York weather would just warm up and stop raining we could enjoy these!!
Hope the sun shines bright soon in your part of the world so you could enjoy some refreshing drinks! 🙂
Oh wow… what a refreshing looking drink. I absolutely LOVE addition of jalapeno. I must give this a try. Like soon!
Thank you Natalie
First off I am in love with these awesome clicks! Secondly I have been looking for a good margarita recipe with watermelons for quite some time now. I think my search is now over!
Jyothi, you are speaking my language! ove all things cocktail, spicy and sweet! And waterlemon is the icing on top!
Thank you Charity
There isn’t a more perfect summer cocktail as far as I’m concerned! The fresh watermelon juice is so refreshing, and I love that spicy kick to keep things interesting. I definitely will make this all summer long.
Thank you Amanda
We LOVE margaritas! Especially sweet and spicy margaritas! When we lived in Chicago, our local store sold fresh watermelon juice daily. We used to stock up and make spicy watermelon margaritas all the time! I need to make your recipe ASAP, and definitely juice my own watermelon!
Thank you Sara
Oooooh this looks like the perfect drink to sip all summer long! I just saw a bunch of good looking watermelons outside our market when I walked past earlier; now I have to stop back and pick one up!
Yes, its perfect summer drink
Hello summer cocktail perfection! I love using watermelon every chance I get when it’s hot outside. Cannot wait to test drive this drink!
Thank you Jordan
The flavors of watermelon and spicy chili powder and jalapeno working together in this margarita sound so good! I would love this as an afternoon cocktail.
Thank you Sharon
I saw this come in the feed, and have scheduled a share on Facebook. LOVE this idea for a great drink to serve at a bbq party. Watermelon is so great in the hot weather.
You are amazing, thank you so much Gloria. So happy to hear you liked it
Kylie | Midwest Foodie says
I am hosting a ladies night next weekend and I can’t wait to make these margaritas for my girls! They are perfect for sipping on the deck and enjoying a warm summer evening. Thanks Jo!
Happy to hear you liked this margarita. Yes it’s fun drink to have with the girls