Perfectly cooked instant pot corn on the cob takes 3 minutes! What you get is beautifully tender, perfectly cooked corn on the cob. You’ll never want to boil corn on cob on stove top again!
Summer is here and one of the best food for summer is corn on cob without a doubt. Grill it, boil it microwave it, roast it, everything turns so amazing. Everyone has their favorite way to cook corn on cob, and no doubt grilled corn on cob in THE BEST SUMMER FOOD ever and it’s great for summer picnic or a backyard BBQ party.
While grilling corn on cob is great, boiling it is equally good. You get tender, cooked corn that can be relished just seasoned with salt, or add more flavors like butter, chili powder, lime and grated Parmesan if you like.
The most common method to boil corn on cob is on stove top in a large pan filled with water. It’s been the most followed method to boil corn on cob and even my mom does that! Boiling on stove top is of-course easy, fast and most popular too.
How about a little different way – using instant pot to boil corn on the cob? Instant pot corn on cob makes boiling corn convenient.
Arrange corn on cob in your instant pot, secure lid and set timer to high pressure 3 minutes. And then walk away! No need for stand watch it, no need to watch the timer or no need to constantly check if corn on cob is boiled.
Your instant pot will do all that for you. Isn’t that convenient! And why IP does the magic, you can go finish up some of your other chores.
IP does make life a little more easy and little more convenient.
Instant Pot Corn On The Cob
Come summer, corn in available in bountiful and you’ll be looking for more than one way to enjoy this best summer produce. If you are someone who end up buying corn on cob in loads from farmers market to take it home, then you’ll definitely need more ways to cook it.
Make sure to grill some, boil some and microwave some. I will be shortly be sharing a post on how to microwave corn on cob. Especially for those who don’t have instant pot to boil corn on cob.
And for those who do own Instant Pot, please don’t miss out the opportunity to boil corn on the cob in instant pot. It takes 3 minutes. Please note, the time mentioned does not include time for instant pot to build pressure (which btw will be approximately 12-14 minutes, may vary for your pot).
And soon as the cooking time is done, quick release all pressure immediately. Open lid and serve hot delicious corn on cob straight up. Straight up tastes slightly sweet, beautifully juicy cooked corn kernels that’s absolute summer delight.
You can also flavor it up the way you want to.
Different Flavoring Options for Instant Pot Corn On The Cob
Corn on cob doesn’t need much. Most of us like it without any adornment, especially when it is super sweet, simply amazing. But if you want fun ways to jazz them up, here are few of my favorite flavor options :
- Butter and salt is all a simple flavors that you need, keeping the natural taste of corn dominant.
- Butter-chili-lime – oh one of our favorite flavors. You would normally use these flavors on grilled corn, but trust me it does it’s magic on boiled corn as well.
- Sriracha Butter – if your feeling too adventurous, try this sriracha butter flavor on your corn. The spicy kick from sriracha would make every bite burst with flavors in your mouth.
- Lemon-Herbs-Almonds – Squeeze lemon over corn, sprinkle handful of cilantro, basil and finally cover with toasted almonds silvers. Texture and taste is so unique.
- Mexican Style – Go Mexican style with butter, cayenne pepper, lime, mayonnaise and cotija cheese
- Cilantro-Sesame Seeds – Sprinkle loads of cilantro and little toasted sesame seeds.
- Chili-Goat Cheese-Ham – Rub hot steamed corn with coat cheese, sprinkle chili powder and roll ham over it. Oh the savory kick is amazing!
- Cajun-Queso Freso – One of the fancy topping for instant pot corn on cob.
And so many more other ways to dress up corn on the cob. Use whatever your mood is set for and whatever your preference is.
How To Cook Instant Pot Corn On The Cob For a Crowd
Having a picnic for large group and trying to impress everyone with corn on cob isn’t hard. A few corn on the cob wouldn’t fit a large group. You’ll need loads of them.
So, the question remains, can I cook corn on the cob instant pot for a crowd?
Yes, you can.
- Cut corn in smaller pieces, into halves or 3 pieces depending on how you’d like to serve. Stack them up all as much as it would fit in the pot. Breaking corn on cob into pieces will prevent corn from taking more space in instant pot like the whole ones would. Cover and cook.
- If you’re lucky, you should be able to get hold of smaller sized corn on cob, and place it inside instant pot standing them up side-by-side on the trivet. This is for those who loves to enjoy whole corn on cob and hates to cut corn on cob into pieces.
Depending on your size of instant pot you’ll be able to fit many. I use 7 Qt Instant Pot and I could fit in about 8 corn when they were chopped into halves.
Frozen Corn on Cob In Instant Pot
You see cooking frozen corn on cob isn’t that different from cooking fresh corn on cob.
Instant pot is the only way that can be used to cook frozen corn directly. When fresh corn on cob isn’t in season, mini corn ears from freezer section can come to rescue.
Use about 1 ½ cup water in instant pot. Place frozen corn over steamer basket or trivet. Pressure cook for about 5 minutes on high. You’ll have the juicy, tender corn on cob ready and hot.
Instant Pot Corn On The Cob Recipe
We’ve used instant pot power to pressure steam in so many ways.
Used instant pot to-
cook whole chicken that results in juicy, tender, beautifully cooked chicken,
for popping instant pot popcorn ,
Have used it to boiled peanuts with shell on,
we have also cooked perfect boiled eggs in instant pot, that making peeling so easy
Made soups and stews in it conveniently.
Now we’ll use instant pot corn on cob recipe to gives sweet, tender, juicy, corn on cob just like you boil it on stove top, but in lesser time and in a more convenient way.
Dump, set timer to cook and walk away. It’s that simple and it’s fast too.
Now let’s move on to how to make instant pot corn on the cob-
If you’re using fresh corn, remove husk first.
Pro-Tip : An easy way to remove husk is to cut both ends off and push the corn inside. It should easily come out of husk and silk clean.
Place trivet and pour about 1 cup water inside instant pot.
Place corn on cob with husk and silk removed.
Close lid, ensure pressure valve is in sealing position.
Select high pressure and set timer to 3 minutes.
Note : Please keep in mind that the time mentioned here does not include time taken for to build pressure. This will take about 12-14 minutes before the cooking timer starts.
Once cooking time is done, quick release pressure by turning pressure valve to venting position.
Open the lid carefully.
Instant pot corn on cob is ready. It will be perfectly cooked with juicy corn.
Now comes the fun part – how to serve corn on cob.
Remember to serve corn on cob instant pot immediately straight up without any adornment. It will be sweet and delicious!
Or you can jazz up corn on cob with any favorite sauce or flavors of your choice.
See section “different flavoring options for instant pot corn on cob”.
LOOKING FOR MORE WAYS TO COOK AND USE CORN? CHECK THESE OUT –
HOW ABOUT SOME MORE INSTANT POT RECIPE INSPIRATIONS? HERE –
And more instant pot recipes
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
HAVE YOU TRIED ONE OF MY RECIPES? I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU’VE MADE! TAKE A PICTURE AND USE THE HASHTAG #CURRYTRAIL ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE! I’LL DO A HAPPY DANCE IF YOU TRY MY RECIPE AND SHARE IT WITH US!
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT CORN ON THE COB RECIPE VIDEO
Click play to watch video or you can scroll down to recipe card if you want written recipe.
Instant Pot Corn On The Cob
- 4 corn on the cob
- 2 tablespoon salted butter
- 1 lime
- 1 ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese optional
- If you’re using fresh corn, remove husk first.
- Pro-Tip : An easy way to remove husk is to cut both ends off and push the corn inside. It should easily come out of husk and silk clean.
- Place trivet and pour about 1 cup water inside instant pot.
- Place corn on cob with husk and silk removed.
- Close lid, ensure pressure valve is in sealing position.
- Select high pressure and set timer to 3 minutes.
- Note : Please keep in mind that the time mentioned here does not include time taken for to build pressure. This will take about 12-14 minutes before the cooking timer starts.
- Once cooking time is done, quick release pressure by turning pressure valve to venting position.
- Open the lid carefully.
- Instant pot corn on cob is ready. It will be perfectly cooked with juicy corn.
- Now comes the fun part – how to serve corn on cob.
- Remember to serve corn on cob instant pot immediately straight up without any adornment. It will be sweet and delicious!
- Or you can jazz up corn on cob with any favorite sauce or flavors of your choice.
- See section “different flavouring options for instant pot corn on cob”.