Stuffed mushrooms with Italian sausage and cream cheese are that finger food that is perfect for a party. But you can even serve it as a side dish for your meal. You have to try these sausage stuffed mushrooms! They’re cheesy, loaded with flavors and so EASY to make!
These were the best sausage stuffed mushrooms recipe I have ever made. Also one of the easiest stuffed mushrooms recipe. Every time I made these I went WOW! The taste, the texture all so amazing! Cream cheese, the oregano, saltiness from sausages…it’s one flavor BOMB!
As cute as they look, they make a fantastic party appetisers. Great for potluck or with everyday dinner as a side. I could eat this sausage stuffed mushrooms as my low-carb dinner. It’s filling and satisfying at the same time! Juicy savory mushrooms full of flavours inside the mushrooms are cute as buttons.
You can use any mushrooms, white or brown button mushrooms, Portobello mushrooms.
Much as I enjoy cooking, I don’t always want to make a meal of it! There are days when kids are at school and hubby at work and I have that luxurious “me” time, I try to laze expansively. I try to keep my food less complicated.
It’s all very straight forward really, I cook to suit my life, I blog what I cook. Over the years my cooking style has not changed much. But life evolves, and so do the recipes.
I believe that, you can make great food,with big flavors with just a few everyday ingredients. After buzzing with day to day activity, We all have a trusty list of comforting dishes we turn to when the weather changes or we need a little cheering up.
Mushrooms all the time make a great dish. I can’t tell how much I love mushrooms. The meatiness of mushrooms, the earthy flavors, it’s texture – it’s mind blowing!
I love, love, love mushrooms and I can’t imagine a vegetarian world without mushrooms! I always say this to a person who hates mushrooms, “TOO BAD! Your missing out something great”!
Not that i’m trying to convince all you mushrooms hater to convert into mushrooms lovers, but i’m saying..MUSHROOMS ARE DELICIOUS, just saying…..hahaha
BEST Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
Stuffed mushrooms are amazing! Why?
The earthiness from the mushrooms, with delicious sausage filling will be welcomed by all, children and adults.
You can even make these for any party starter and it makes for best finger food dish that is not just delicious but very healthy too.
Roasting in oven and using very minimal cheese guarantees the health factor here.
- Mushrooms are meaty and so satisfying.
How To Make Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
Any cap mushrooms will work for stuffed mushrooms recipe. You need to fill the filling into those caps. Use white or brown button mushrooms. Portobello mushrooms are great option as well.
Wash mushrooms and pat dry with kitchen towel.
Mince the Italian chicken sausages(I used the precooked sausages). In a bowl mix cream cheese, oregano, paprika powder, salt, pepper powder and mix well. Add the minced sausages and chopped parsley. Mix.
Note : if using minced pork Italian sausages, you’ll have to add an extra step. Cook it in olive oil along with onions, salt and pepper until browned.
Rub little oil all over the mushrooms. Sprinkle some salt and pepper all over the mushrooms.
Place a teaspoon full the sausage cream cheese mix into the mushroom cavity. Fill as much as possible into the mushrooms. Now add little grated cheese over the mushrooms.
Bake in oven (12-18 minutes).
Mushroom lover? Check these out!
Try our other popular party appetisers recipes –
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Stuffed Mushrooms with Italian Sausage
- 20 no button mushrooms (use portabella if you can)
- 4 no Italian sausages
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese (I used Parmesan)
- Clean the mushrooms well. Wipe off any dirt on the mushrooms. Remove the stem and carefully scoop out the inside part. Keep aside.
- Mince the Italian sausages. In a bowl mix cream cheese, oregano, paprika powder, salt, pepper powder and mix well. Add the minced sausages and chopped parsley. Mix.
- Rub little oil all over the mushrooms. Sprinkle some salt and pepper all over the mushrooms.
- Place a teaspoon full the sausage cream cheese mix into the mushroom cavity. Fill as much as possible into the mushrooms. Now add little grated cheese over the mushrooms.
- Pre heat oven to 150 degree.
- Arrange the stuffed mushrooms over a baking tray. Bake it for 12 – 18 minutes or until the sausage is cooked and starts to brown and cheese is melted fully.
- Once cooked remove from oven and serve immediately.
“PIN IT” TO YOUR APPETISERS BOARD