Got 5 minutes? Make this irresistible 5 minutes boom boom sauce. Put it on everything – we love it with potato fries.
About boom boom sauce
1. Would you like to have a dipping sauce that you can put on almost everything? A sauce that can go with hamburgers, fried seafood, grilled meat, vegetables, also on tacos?
This boom boom sauce is what you need to make! It’s best appetizer sauce.
2. No pan, no stove, no blender. You’ll need just a bowl and whisk (or fork) Whisk all the amazing ingredients in a bowl. And it’s ready!
3. So quick and simple, made in less than 5 minutes. Let’s get dipping and drizzling.
4.You can make copycat Sheetz boom boom sauce easily at home. It’s so much more better and tastier when made fresh.
5. Whenever you buy a bottle of dipping sauce, most often you have extra amount than you need. And you’ll find few teaspoons of sauce lying in the fridge for ages! Making it at home = make just the right amount so there is no wastage.
6. While potato fries are great with ketchup, you want to try it with mayonnaise-base dip. The flavorkick in it is so amazing! You’ll never go back to ketchup!
7. Serve it with grilled meat, vegetables or crispy fries (my favorite). It’s a great make-ahead sauce that can stay up to 2-3 days in the fridge.
8. This boom boom sauce is must have appetizer sauce for football parties or game day gatherings! It’s great for entertainment and a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
What is boom boom sauce?
A mayonnaise based dipping sauce that goes great with grilled meat, vegetables and fries. If you thought mayonnaise is great for dipping, then wait until you try this simple copycat sauce. This is way better than mayonnaise, its bold, spicy and super addictive.
If you are using this sauce over grilled food, whisk it into flowing consistency so it’s easy for you to drizzle over grilled meat and vegetables.
Here’s what you’ll need-
- Sweet chili sauce
- Tomato sauce (ketchup)
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper (optional)
How to make boom boom sauce?
To mayonnaise add chili sauce, tomato sauce, sriracha, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and whisk. That’s your magic 5 minutes appetizer dipping sauce with amazing flavor kick!
- Use best quality mayonnaise, it’s the star of the dish. Fresh homemade mayonnaise works great!
- Adjust chili sauce and seasoning as per taste preference. If you like ‘spicy’ dipping sauce, add more sriracha.
- You can add other spices like 5 spice, cayenne or smoked paprika or cajun seasoning to elevate the taste and suit your taste preference.
- You can store this sauce in fridge for 2 days. Use the sauce within 2 to 3 days after you make it.
If you ask me, I’ll say this is the BEST dipping sauce you’ll ever make. It’s simply mayonnaise with flavor-kick. It’s slightly sweet, with a good amount of spice, but a flavor bomb in your mouth. I’d love to go with a heaping load of sauce on my tacos, grilled meats, fried calamari, fries!
Absolutely. Use veg or vegan mayonnaise instead of regular mayonnaise along with rest of the ingredients.
If you are hoping to try veg or vegan mayonnaise at home – use unrefined sunflower oil, soy milk, apple cider vinegar and salt to taste. Using a immersion blender blend like the way you make mayonnaise. Your vegan mayonnaise is ready!
Yes, you absolutely can. It’ll stay good when properly in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
This is a great all-rounder appetizer sauce. It can be served with almost everything! It pairs well with fries, chips and nachos. Use it as sandwich spread or use it with hotdogs and hamburgers. This is a sauce that can go with hamburgers, fried seafood, grilled meat, vegetables, also on tacos!
MORE SAUCE RECIPES:
Low-Carb Cauliflower Cheese Sauce
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? KEEP IN TOUCH AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ANY OF CURRYTRAIL RECIPES! FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, TWITTER.
HAVE YOU TRIED ONE OF MY RECIPES? I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU’VE MADE! TAKE A PICTURE AND USE THE HASHTAG #CURRYTRAIL ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE! I’LL DO A HAPPY DANCE IF YOU TRY MY RECIPE AND SHARE IT WITH US!
📋 RECIPE: 5 Minutes Boom Boom Sauce
- ¾ cup mayonnaise egg or veg mayo works
- 2 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoon sriracha
- Salt and pepper – a generous pinch
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium bowl whisk all the ingredients together. That’s it.
- Serve immediately with fries or tacos or over grilled meat.
- Transfer remaining boom boom sauce into a jar and store in fridge. It stays good for 2-3 days in fridge.
- Boom boom sauce is customizable. You can adjust proportions that works for your taste buds.
- If you like ‘spicy’ dipping sauce, add more sriracha.
- Use best quality mayonnaise for best taste. Fresh homemade mayonnaise works great!
- You can store this sauce in fridge for 2 days.
- Use the sauce within 2 to 3 days after you make it.
Comments & Reviews
Julia Osgood says
This looks so good and so simple. I’m going to try it. Thanks!
Glad you liked it. Thank you
Priya Shiva says
I love the name of the sauce itself! So cool and it is so easy to prepare too. I will surely try it out..
Thank you Priya. Hope you’ll enjoy it as much as we did!
I’ve never heard of boom boom sauce before, but I can’t wait to use it to top everything we grill all summer. Looks like a great way to add some extra flavor to grilled chicken.
Thank you Julie. Oh yes it does magic over grilled anything
Every side of fries and Burger definitely needs a GOOD sauce! This looks so yummy!
You are so right, a good sauce makes burger so much more yummier!
This sauce looks amazing! Can I please have a bucket of sauce and a bucket of fries? One on each hand?
That’s exactly how you spend a weekend. I’d love to join you as well with a bucket of fries and bucket of sauce 😀
Lauren @ Delicious Little Bites says
When I first saw this sauce, I was wondering what I could use it on. I LOVE that the answer is pretty much everything! We always have these ingredients on hand and I can’t wait to make this!
It goes great on grilled seafood or even veggies. That is the reason I love this sauce so much. Thank you Lauren
Britt | Sweet Tea and Thyme says
I’ve never heard of this sauce, but it sounds amazing! Gotta try it.
Thanks Britt. It’s so simple but makes mayo so much more better!
Cristina M says
If all the ingredients store for so long in the fridge, why does this sauce only last 2-3 days? I would think as long as you shake well before using it would last much longer than a few days no?
I like the taste of this sauce for 2-3 days. It can be stored longer but somehow I don’t like it’s tastes after that