Got 5 minutes? Make this irresistible 5 minutes boom boom sauce. Put it on everything – we love it with potato fries.
- Would you like to have a dipping sauce that you can put on almost everything? A sauce that can go with hamburgers, fried seafood, grilled meat, vegetables, also on tacos?
- This boom boom sauce is what you need to make! It’s best appetizer sauce.
- No pan, no stove, no blender. You’ll need just a bowl and whisk (or fork) Whisk all the amazing ingredients in a bowl. And it’s ready!
- So quick and simple, made in less than 5 minutes. Let’s get dipping and drizzling.
- You can make copycat Sheetz boom boom sauce easily at home. It’s so much more better and tastier when made fresh. Try it, & you’ll agree.
Another advantage of making your own dips at home is that you make just enough for your partay! So there is no wastage.
This boom boom sauce is must have appetizer sauce for football parties or game day gatherings! It’s great for entertainment and a guaranteed crowd pleaser!
While potato fries are great with mayo, we are always in for some extra kick than plain mayo. Adding layers of flavors to the mayonnaise takes it a notch up! The flavorkick in it is so amazing!
A bowl and a whisk is all you need to make boom boom sauce recipe. Whisk mayonnaise with sauces, juices and spices mentioned below. Serve it with grilled meat, vegetables or crispy fries (my favorite). It’s a great make-ahead sauce that can stay up to 2-3 days in the fridge.
What Is Boom Boom Sauce?
A mayonnaise based dipping sauce that goes great with grilled meat, vegetables and fries. If you thought mayonnaise is great for dipping, then wait until you try this simple copycat sauce. This is way better than mayonnaise, its bold, spicy and super addictive.
If you are using this sauce over grilled food, whisk it into flowing consistency so it’s easy for you to drizzle over grilled meat and vegetables.
Boom Boom Sauce Ingredients
Simply ingredients really. Ingredients that you already have on hand most of the time.
- Sweet chili sauce
- Tomato sauce (ketchup)
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper (optional)
How To Make Boom Boom Sauce?
To mayonnaise add chili sauce, tomato sauce, sriracha, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl and whisk. That’s your magic 5 minutes appetizer dipping sauce with amazing flavor kick!
What Does Boom Boom Sauce Taste Like?
If you ask me, it’s a salivating sauce way better than plain mayo. It’s simply mayonnaise with flavor-kick. It’s slightly sweet, with a good amount of spice, but a flavor bomb in your mouth. I’d love to go with a heaping load of sauce on my tacos, grilled meats, fried calamari, fries!
Can I Make It Vegan?
Absolutely. Use veg or vegan mayonnaise instead of regular mayonnaise along with rest of the ingredients.
If you are hoping to try veg or vegan mayonnaise at home – use unrefined sunflower oil, soy milk, apple cider vinegar and salt to taste. Using a immersion blender blend like the way you make mayonnaise. Your vegan mayonnaise is ready!
Try out other simple homemade sauces as well –
HAVE YOU TRIED ONE OF MY RECIPES? I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU’VE MADE! TAKE A PICTURE AND USE THE HASHTAG #CURRYTRAIL ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE! I’LL DO A HAPPY DANCE IF YOU TRY MY RECIPE AND SHARE IT WITH US!
5 Minutes Boom Boom Sauce
- ¾ cup mayonnaise egg or veg mayo works
- 2 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoon sriracha
- Salt and pepper – a generous pinch
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium bowl whisk all the ingredients together. That’s it.
- Serve immediately with fries or tacos or over grilled meat.
- Transfer remaining boom boom sauce into a jar and store in fridge. It stays good for 2-3 days in fridge.
- Boom boom sauce is customizable. You can adjust proportions that works for your taste buds.
- If you like 'spicy' dipping sauce, add more sriracha.
- Use best quality mayonnaise for best taste. Fresh homemade mayonnaise works great!
- You can store this sauce in fridge for 2 days.
- Use the sauce within 2 to 3 days after you make it.