Super addictive, super cute and super easy to make, this is Christmas OREO pops. It’s Christmas-y, it’s got chocolate and it’s made of one of the world’s best cookie – OREOs! Create your own favorite Christmas designs to make beautiful gifts and delicious holiday treat!
This holiday season get the family together for fun family time in the kitchen with Christmas Oreo pops. Kids love to make their own Oreo pops with their favorite Christmas themed decorations on the pops. These Christmas Oreo pops are cute for presentation on your Christmas table, or as gift giving. My kids absolutely loved these and they sure received a lot of compliments in their Christmas class party!
OREO’s are even better when dipped in chocolate, agree? Festive chocolate and sprinkles makes these Oreo treats perfect for Christmas gifts for family and friends. Holiday Oreo pops are simply great addition to your Christmas dessert plate and kids would love it for their Christmas class party.
Christmas Oreo pops are so much easier to make than Christmas cake pops and it’s inexpensive adorable no-bake Christmas dessert that you can make a big batch for whole family and friends. Been busy and have no time to whip up something festive this Christmas? Don’t fret, you can make adorable Christmas Oreo pops even the last minute and serve it to family or gift it to friends.
What You Need For Chocolate Dipped OREO Pops Recipe
OREO cream sandwich cookies
Pop sticks (wooden sticks or lollipop sticks)
Dark and white chocolate chips (or chocolate barks to melt)
Coconut oil (optional)
Gel food colors (red, blue, green, and any other colors of your choice)
How To Make Oreo Pops
To make holiday cookie Oreo pops, you’ll start with OREO cookies.
Melt chocolate (To make colored background of the OREO pops you can use different colored candy melts) separately in medium bowls in the microwave, stirring after every 30 seconds. You want a smooth melted chocolate.
Pro-Tip: To make smooth and runny melted chocolate add a teaspoon or more of coconut oil while melting chocolate. This will help to easily dip OREO cookies.
Use a wooden pop stick or lolly pop stick to make these pops.
Inserting the pop stick can be done two ways-
- Carefully twist and separate the cookies. Using a spoon drop a few drops of white chocolate melt over the cream of the cookies. Place the pop stick over melted chocolate, place the top cookie and press to secure the pop stick in it’s place. Insert all the cookies with pop stick. Arrange these on baking tray lined with parchment paper and pop in freezer for 10 minutes so the stick is secured hard in it’s place.
- Dip the tip of the pop stick in melted chocolate. Carefully insert the stick into the creamy center of the OREO sandwich cookie. While inserting hold the cookie sandwich firm and do take time to gently insert pop stick as too much pressure might crack the cookie sandwich. Once inserted, line it all up on baking tray and freeze for 10 minutes.
Use one of the above 2 methods to insert pop stick into OREO sandwich cookies.
Coat OREO pops with melted chocolate. Either dip the OREOs into the melted chocolate or coat it my spooning in the melt over the pops. Shake off the excess chocolate melt, place the dipped chocolate cookies over lined baking tray.
While the chocolate is still wet you want to decorate the cookies. You can choose to decorate these OREO pops just the way you want it.
Some of the ways you can decorate OREO pops are-
Chocolate dipped OREO pops with generous holiday sprinkles on top.
Christmas tree decoration – Using green chocolate melt (or even icing sugar mixed with green food gel) make Christmas tree pattern on OREO pops, add holiday sprinkles on top.
Snowflakes decoration – Draw any snowflakes patterns on OREO pops using light blue or white chocolate melt(or icing) and once done sprinkle sugar crystal on top to give it frozen snowflakes effect.
Ornament decoration – Use red candy melt in piping bag to form red ribbon pattern and some colourful sprinkles to make the lighting effect on the pop.
That’s it! Isn’t these OREO pops fun to create?!
To make it more adorable, wrap individual pops in small lollipop covers and tie it with fancy festive ribbons. Makes it easy to gift it.
You can store OREO pops for several weeks in air tight containers at room temperature.
Looking for easy Christmas treat with less effort to make?
Here you go –
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Do check out popular Christmas cookie recipes from CurryTrail –
- OREO cookies sandwiches as many as you want
- Lollipop sticks as many as OREO pops you make
- 12 ounce white chocolate
- 12 ounce dark chocolate
- Blue green and red candy melts (1 packet each)
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil optional
- Christmas sprinkles
- Peppermint candy canes
- White sparkling sugar
- Separately melt chocolate chips in microwave for 30 seconds interval, stirring in between to prevent chocolate from burning. Keep aside.
- Pro-Tip – to make glossy smooth chocolate melt, add a teaspoon of coconut oil in each bowl. Oil makes working with chocolate much easier.
- Gently twist and separate the OREO cookies. If you break a few cookie sandwich don’t loose heart, just be patient and try to work on it as gentle as you can.
- Spoon a drop of white chocolate melt over the cream filling mix. Dip lollipop stick in melted chocolate and place the stick over the cream cheese mix.
- Place other half of the OREO on top and gently press and hold.
- Lollipop stick will hold in it’s place as it dries. Place all the lollipop stick inserted OREOs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Let it sit for 10 minutes so the stick is secured in it’s place.
- Next place the OREO pops on a fork and coat it with chocolate. Spoon generous chocolate over OREO pops to coat OREO evenly on all sides.
- Shake off to remove excess chocolate and place the OREO pops on baking sheet. Repeat this for rest of the OREO pops. You can dip few OREO pops in dark chocolate melt, few in white chocolate, few in blue candy melts, and few others in red. Just the way you like.
- a. Christmas sprinkles – as soon OREO pops are dipped or coated in chocolate, place it on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Immediately sprinkle Christmas candies while still wet.
- b. Peppermint candy cane – Dipped a few OREO pops in red candy melts. Then drizzled little white chocolate on top of red base. Finally sprinkle crushed peppermint candy canes on top.
- c. Snowflakes – Use white chocolate melt in small piping bag, draw any snowflakes patter over the pops. Sprinkle with sugar and shake off excess sugar to give frozen snowflakes effect.
- d. Christmas tree – Using green chocolate melt in small piping bag, make tree pattern over the pops. Sprinkle a little holiday sprinkle on top.
- e. Ornament decoration – Use red candy melt in piping bag to form red ribbon pattern and some colourful sprinkles to make the lighting effect on the pop.
- f. Other Christmas-y OREO pop designs you can try –
- Santa OREO pop – Dip horizontally one half of the pop in white chocolate and another half in red chocolate. Place a white chocolate chip to make the “poof” at the end of Santa hat. And 2 candy eyes glued with white chocolate.
- Rudolf OREO Pop – Break pretzel into 2 half. Press both the half at the top of dark chocolate covered OREO pop to form antlers. Place 2 small black pearl sprinkles for eyes and 1 mini red M&M’s to form nose.
- If making for gifting – package each pop in small lollipop bags and tie with cute Christmas-y ribbons.
- 10. Carefully store in large air tight boxes. These can stay good for several weeks.