Simple, easy and healthy roasted cherry tomatoes is a great side dish. Use it on bruschetta, mash and add it to pasta or serve alongside roasted meat. You’ll fall in love with its simplicity.
Oven roasted cherry tomato recipe
Roasting tomatoes in the oven is one of the best things to do when you have tomatoes available fresh and abundant! Cherry tomatoes are great when roasted in the oven. It gets mushed away releasing all its flavors, making it full of flavors.
This juicy, clean flavors in the tomatoes makes it get with roasted meat as side dish, you can scoop it over bruschetta and serve it as starter.
Plump fresh cherry tomatoes are great in it own. I could gobble up these cute tomatoes as it is. But if you can enhance its flavors and serve it in so many other ways, then why not try it! You should definitely give these roasted cherry tomatoes recipe a try.
Ingredients you’ll need
Here’s what you’ll need:
Note- fresh thyme is missing in the photo, but I have used it in the recipe. You should use it, it enhances the flavors.
Tomatoes: freshest and ripe tomatoes is what you need. I used cherry tomatoes on the vine and roasted directly. Feel free to remove tomatoes from vine before roasting.
You can also use ripe tomatoes tomatoes or heirloom tomatoes. Note you might have to adjust the roasting time for Roma or heirloom tomatoes.
Fresh Herbs: I used fresh thyme. I missed placing it in ingredients shoot. Don’t skip it. You can also use fresh basil leaves.
Garlic: tomatoes love garlic. Use it generously, accordingly. Do not skip garlic. You would love the flavor if garlic with tomato.
Olive oil: olive oil does two things, helps roast tomatoes without getting stuck to pan and enhance the flavors.
Seasoning: sea salt and freshly milled pepper as per taste.
How to roast cherry tomatoes
Rinse tomatoes well.
You can remove the vines and arrange tomatoes on baking tray before roasting.
Or leave tomatoes in it vine and roast it. You will remove vines later once tomatoes are roasted.
Cover baking tray with aluminium foil.
Arrange cherry tomatoes in one layer. Spread garlic cloves over tomatoes.
Spray/drizzle olive oil all over. Season with salt and pepper.
Spread fresh thyme all over the tomatoes.
Roast cherry tomatoes in pre-heated oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.
Remove tray from oven, let it sit for few minutes.
Carefully remove the vines off (note after roasting vines will be crispy and can break off into powder.)
To make it easy to remove tomatoes, use a fork and carefully pull off all squishy tomatoes and then remove vines discard it.
This roasted tomatoes can be served as side dish.
Can be used in bruschetta. Over pasta. Mash it into sauce and use it as pasta sauce. Serve alongside grilled meat.
Yes you can use other tomato varieties. Instead of cherry tomato use grape tomato or you can use regular Roma tomatoes cut into quarters.
Grape tomatoes are shaped differently, resembling grape shape – oblong in shape. Whereas cherry tomatoes are round in shape. Cherry tomatoes are juicy, grape tomatoes aren’t that juicy.
There are so many ways to use roasted cherry tomatoes. It’s a great side dish for summer BBQ party, with grilled meat. You can top it over bread to make bruschetta, add it as pizza topping, stir it in your salads and pasta, stir it in soup, make marinara sauce out of it.
MORE SUMMER TOMATO RECIPES:
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
HAVE YOU TRIED ONE OF MY RECIPES? I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU’VE MADE! TAKE A PICTURE AND USE THE HASHTAG #CURRYTRAIL ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE! I’LL DO A HAPPY DANCE IF YOU TRY MY RECIPE AND SHARE IT WITH US!
📋Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 lbs ripe cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt adjust to taste
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground pepper adjust to taste
- 5-10 sprigs fresh thyme
- Rinse tomatoes well.
- You can remove the vines and arrange tomatoes on baking tray before roasting.
- Or leave tomatoes on their vine and roast them. You will remove vines later once the tomatoes are roasted.
- Cover baking tray with aluminium foil.
- Arrange cherry tomatoes in one layer. Spread garlic cloves over tomatoes.
- Spray/drizzle olive oil all over. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread fresh thyme all over the tomatoes.
- Roast cherry tomatoes in pre-heated oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven, let it sit for few minutes.
- Carefully remove the vines (note after roasting vines will be crispy and can break off into powder.)
- To make it easy to remove tomatoes, use a fork and carefully pull off all squishy tomatoes and then remove vines discard it.
- This roasted tomatoes can be served as side dish.
- Can be used in bruschetta. Over pasta. Mash it into sauce and use it as pasta sauce. Serve alongside grilled meat.