You guys, you MUST have this all-purpose seasoning salt handy. Sprinkle it on any dish to elevate it’s flavor and taste. Sprinkle over meat; use it over vegetables, in your salads, for grill, all the dishes. Use this seasoning instead of plain salt.
Why You Need This Seasoned Salt In Your Pantry?
- You can use this salt on almost all the dishes, use it instead of salt. It elevates the dish.
- This seasoning enhances the flavor and taste of all the dish where you use.
- This salt is a blend of common spices which most probably are in your pantry already.
- It’s a blend of few spices, 6 ingredients to be specific.
- It’s versatile, super easy to make and requires pantry staples. You can customize this homemade seasoning salt recipe as per your taste or depending on what you are cooking.
- This salt adds wonderful heat to the dish (use it according to taste). If you do not want it spicy, ignore cayenne pepper.
- You can sprinkle this salt over meat or vegetables before or after grilling. It’s excellent on roasted chicken and potatoes, can also be sprinkled over eggs, on salads (yes I love it on salads), on meat, steaks, seasoning burgers, sliced avocados sprinkled with this salt is great savory snack.
- Make a small jar of it and keep it near your cooking spot. Go sparking on all the dishes. Tasty and very useful as seasoning.
What Is Seasoned Salt?
If you are familiar with Lawry’s seasoned salt or other salts like garlic salt, celery salt you would not be new to seasoned salt.
Seasoned salt also called as seasoning salt is a blend of herbs, spices, salt and one other ingredient would be monosodium glucamate (MSG). This is what you will find in store bought seasoned salt. The salt is used to add flavor to dish before or after cooking.
It’s easy to make your own version of salt that will elevate the flavor of any dish by simply blending together different spices and herbs to table salt.
Basic seasoned salt starts with salt, garlic powder and onion powder. Then on you can add in other spices like cayenne pepper, smoked sweet paprika, ground pepper, Italian seasoning, dried herbs like oregano, thyme or rosemary for different styles of cooking.
What’s In Seasoned Salt?
The base of any seasoned salt is table salt along with garlic powder and onion powder. From there on you can choose to add in your salt depending on your taste or depending on different styles of cooking.
This recipe uses 6 basic pantry staples to make all-purpose seasoned salt.
How to Make Seasoned Salt?
It’s super simple to make. Simply blend in all the spices, herbs and salt together.
Jo’s-Tip: Use spices with almost same texture, ground fine. Like for instance use garlic granules (fine granules), granulated onion (instead of super fine onion powder), use pepper that is ground super fine.
It gives a consistent texture to the salt. Looks pretty as well right with all those uniform granules! Very crucial to evenly season the dish. Easy to pick with your fingers and sprinkle.
Helpful Tip: To ensure you grind pepper fine, use mortal and pestle. Ground pepper from hand blender would be coarsely ground and it separates from rest of the spices.
Choose course garlic powder and coarse onion powder instead of super fine spice powders.
Store in air tight containers and use it on all dishes.
How Long Can I Store Seasoning Salt?
Store the prepared salt in clean and dry air tight containers and store it in clean dry place on the counter. It will stay good for many months. Use it according to taste. This recipe makes seasoning that adds wonderful kick to the dish.
Other Herbs That Can Be Added
Consider adding dried herbs to the salt and use it depending on what you are cooking.
Dried oregano, Dried thyme, Dried rosemary, Or Dried Italian herbs.
How To Make No Salt Seasoning?
No salt seasoning are great for people who are on low-sodium diet. To make no salt seasoning simply mix together onion flakes, garlic granules, ground pepper, paprika, chili powder or cayenne pepper, dried oregano and cumin powder.
Use This Salt Seasoning on –
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
HAVE YOU TRIED ONE OF MY RECIPES? I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU’VE MADE! TAKE A PICTURE AND USE THE HASHTAG #CURRYTRAIL ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE! I’LL DO A HAPPY DANCE IF YOU TRY MY RECIPE AND SHARE IT WITH US!
Best All Purpose Seasoning Salt
- 4 tablespoon kosher salt coarse
- 1 ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic granules
- ½ teaspoon onion flakes
- ½ teaspoon cayenne or red chili powder or red chili flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Mix.
- Use as needed. Sprinkle on any dish before or after cooking.
- Store in dry air tight jars in clean dry place for 6 months or more.