Grilled potatoes in foil packets are perfect side dish for your BBQ dinner or just about any meal. It’s super easy to throw together everything into foil packets and grill it over camp fire, grill or oven. And clean-up? So little, so easy!
Potatoes are heavenly. Bake it, fry it or grill it. It’s all so good! Grilled potatoes are timeless recipes and grilling in foil packets are age old tradition when you are out in the patio for BBQ party. Grilling meat, potatoes and veggies all over the grill at the same time to serve a delicious summer meal is the best part of summer I love. You can get your dinner done quicker on the camp fire or BBQ.
Summer meal isn’t complete without grilled potatoes in foil packets. For a killer main side, you need to have a killer side dish. And nothing can beat grilled potatoes loaded with cheese, garlic and herbs all grilled in foil packs for an ULTIMATE SUMMER MEAL.
I love grilled baked potatoes in foil with grilled meat. With BBQ grilled chicken and grilled potatoes on the side, and sour cream to slather it on, I’m thinking that’s gonna be your favorite camp-fire meal. Why don’t you give it a try and see if you agree! Try it with grilled lamb, steaks, pork chops.
Come summer, we all are outside, partying, chilling and BBQ-ing. You’ll definitely need to add this baked potatoes on the grill in foil to your list of grilling recipes you’ll try this grilling season. Because grilled potato recipes in foil makes your summer meal an ultimate one!
You’ll love these perfectly grilled, tender potatoes for your side dish for all your meals. They are simply perfect that you want to grill it all the time.
For grilled potatoes, you only need some simple basic ingredients. Garlic, fresh herbs, salt and pepper, cheese. Simple, but the best way to flavor potatoes.
You can throw in a cube of butter as well for rich, super tender, delicious grilled potatoes. We skipped on butter, instead used some olive oil. Red potatoes are great for grilling. This recipe uses a mix of red, purple skin and yellow potatoes.
This grilled potatoes in foil packets is so versatile, you can adapt and change it as per your preference and availability of ingredients. Flavors, seasonings can be changed. Think of simple flavors like rosemary, butter, salt and pepper, or some zesty flavors with lemon, chili and garlic.
How To Grill Potatoes In Foil
Dice potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
Add all the flavoring agents – olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper, cheddar cheese and Parmesan. Mix until everything comes together.
Divide into 3 portions.
Arrange potatoes on a large piece of greased foil.
Pro-Tip : Place a cube of butter over the potatoes, before folding the wrap. Butter will give it rich taste and potatoes turns more delicious! This is optional step.
Fold the edges to make foil packet.
Pierce few holes into the packets to let steam out while grilling.
Grill it on camp fire, BBQ or in oven whichever is you prefer.
Cover the potatoes with lid if you use the grill. Lid helps trap the heat inside just cooks potatoes all way through.
Takes about 20 to 30 minutes.
Once grilled, remove packets from fire.
Open and fold the ends of the foil packs.
Serve it directly in foil packets.
Load it with green onions, cheddar and Parmesan cheese and sour cream on the side.
It serves great on the sides of grilled meat.
How Long To Grill Potatoes In Foil
Heat up your grill over medium heat. Grill foil packet potatoes over grill for 20-30 minutes or until a tooth pick slides through the potatoes easily.
Please note grilling time will vary depending on the temperature variations in your grill. Adjust the time to grill accordingly.
You want to check the potatoes if it’s cooked with tooth pick test.
Oven Grilling –
Potato packed can be grilled in the oven at 425F for about 20 minutes or until tooth pick slides through the potatoes easily.
CONSIDER TRYING OUR OTHER POTATO RECIPES:
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE GRILLED POTATOES IN FOIL PACKETS – QUICK VIDEO
Click play to watch video or you can scroll down to recipe card if you want written recipe.
Grilled Potatoes in Foil Packets
- 1 lb small potatoes Yukon or red potatoes or a mix of potatoes
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon garlic minced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- 3 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 4 bacon strips cut into small pieces
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 Cubes of butter optional
For Garnish -
- Extra cheddar cheese for garnish
- Sour cream for garnish
- Green onions
- Dice potatoes into 1 inch cubes.
- Add all the flavouring agents – olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, bacon, salt, pepper, cheddar cheese and Parmesan. Mix until everything comes together.
- Divide into 3 portions.
- Arrange potatoes on a large piece of greased foil.
- Pro-Tip : Place a cube of butter over the potatoes, before folding the wrap. Butter will give it rich taste and potatoes turns more delicious! This is optional step.
- Fold the edges to make foil packet.
- Pierce few holes into the packets to let steam out while grilling.
- Grill it on camp fire, BBQ or in oven whichever is you prefer.
- Cover the potatoes with lid if you use the grill. Lid helps trap the heat inside just cooks potatoes all way through.
- Takes about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once grilled, remove packets from fire.
- Open and fold the ends of the foil packs.
- Serve it directly in foil packets.
- Load it with green onions, cheddar and Parmesan cheese and sour cream on the side.
- It serves great on the sides of grilled meat.
“PIN IT” TO YOUR GRILLING BOARD