Garlic skillet potatoes with sausages are perfect breakfast potatoes that has become our new favorite. It’s quick, easy and loaded with flavors. Not to forget, all made in one skillet!
This is ONE SKILLET recipe – potatoes, veggies, sausages all cooked in one pan.
Make this yummy breakfast cast iron skillet potatoes with sausages and serve it with fried eggs! If I got your salivating there, it’s all good! I’m salivating myself now!
Okay, we might have called it breakfast skillet potatoes recipe, but trust me it works for so many meals. Serve it as side for supper with grilled meat, for your breakfast or carry it on for picnics and camping’s.
Potatoes have ALWAYS been my favorite root vegetable and I’m addicted to potatoes. Especially, potatoes cooked in cast iron skillet. You can’t compromise on gorgeous char marks on potatoes when cooked in cast iron pan. Potatoes get fried in cast iron pan giving it the best texture and flavor.
According to me cast iron skillet potatoes are THE BEST! Don’t own a cast iron pan?! Just use any other skillet pan to cook sausage and potatoes skillet.
Inspirations come from everywhere. You only need to keep your eyes open! Remember reading it somewhere, some time back!
My biggest source of inspiration is pinterest for sure! I went on pinterest and started scrolling through the pins, and suddenly my eyes caught upon an very gorgeous photo of potato from eatwell101 account. It was sausage and potatoes skillet dish, but unfortunately I could not access the recipe. Does anyone know eatwell101 is shut down?! Well, atleast I couldn’t open their website.
So I decided to go with flavors of my own to create a skillet potatoes recipe of my own. This recipe is for sure inspired from eatwell101, but the recipe is my own.
Gorgeous red baby potatoes cooked in cast iron skillet until crispy and cooked through. Breakfast sausages and vegetables like bell pepper and onions are cooked in the same skillet.
This recipe was developed to share with you guys, as we loved your response to our favorite sweet potato hash with sausages breakfast recipe.
Any sausages would work, but we recommend you to use breakfast sausages especially smoked sausages gives out amazing smoky flavor to red potatoes recipe skillet.
You can use any potatoes you like but I prefer red skinned potatoes.
We use red and yellow bell peppers along with onions and garlic for extra crunch and flavor.
Skillet Potatoes Recipe with Sausages
Cook potatoes in hot cast iron pan over medium to medium high heat. Do not over crowd the skillet. And do not turn potatoes for few minutes first. This will ensure you get evenly cooked and charred on one side potatoes.
Season potatoes with salt and pepper while cooking. Once potatoes are evenly cooked remove it from skillet.
Add sausages to the skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. That’s all you need to cook sausages.
Now add sliced onions, minced garlic, red and yellow bell peppers cut length-wise to the sausages. Cook for few minutes.
Season with salt, pepper and red chili flakes. Bring it all together with ¼ cup chicken stock.
Wait until everything is cooked through and stock is evaporated completely.
Add back the cooked potatoes to the skillet and wait for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat, season with coriander and serve.
How to Make Perfect Skillet Potatoes in Cast Iron Pan
- Always cut potatoes evenly to ensure everything is cooked well and evenly.
- Use cast iron pan to get perfect skillet potatoes. The texture and taste of cast iron skillet potatoes are something else, you can’t compare it to anything else!
- Heat up cast iron pan on medium high heat. Add olive oil and butter (along with olive oil if you like).
- Throw in the potatoes to hot cast iron pan. DO NOT OVER CROWD THE PAN.
- Wait for 5 to 8 minutes before you turn the potatoes. This step ensures you get nice char on potatoes. If you pile the potatoes in the skillet, potatoes won’t brown well.
- Also do not cover the potatoes. Covering the skillet with a lid will turn potatoes mushy!
- Season potatoes with salt and pepper. Mix well, and keep stirring at regular times. Cook until potatoes are cooked through. This can take about 10-12 minutes depending on your stove and the size of potatoes.
Are you a potato addict as well! Good, i’d like that, because i’m one too!
Check out our other most popular potato recipes on currytrail –
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
GARLIC SKILLET POTATOES WITH SAUSAGES RECIPE VIDEO
Click play to watch video or you can scroll down to recipe card if you want written recipe.
- 1 ½ pounds red skin baby potatoes
- 1 pound smoked breakfast sausage
- 5 tablespoons olive oil you can use olive oil and butter
- 2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1 large onion sliced
- ½ red bell pepper cut lengthwise
- ½ yellow bell pepper cut lengthwise
- 1 ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Chop potatoes evenly. Lengthwise cut potatoes looks awesome for this skillet potatoes recipes.
- Slice sausages length wise into half.
- Slice onions thin and red bell peppers lengthwise.
- Heat up cast iron pan. When cast iron skillet turn hot, add olive oil.
- Add sliced potatoes to hot cast iron pan and wait for 5 to 8 minutes before you turn potatoes.
- Season potato with salt and pepper to taste. Stirring occasionally cook potatoes until cooked through.
- Remove potatoes onto a plate.
- Add sausages to the same skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add minced garlic, sliced onions, bell peppers to the pan. Saute and cook for few minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add red chili flakes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and continue to cook.
- Add back cooked potatoes(add few tablespoons of more chicken stock if needed to cook potatoes through). Let everything cook and come together for 5-8 minutes.
- Turn off flames. Garnish with parsley.
“PIN IT” TO YOUR ONE SKILLET BOARD