Peanut butter kiss cookies are soft cookies made of peanut butter and topped with chocolate kiss candy at the center. Peanut butter kiss cookies are a classic holiday cookie that is also called as peanut blossom cookies.
Peanut butter and chocolate – a winning combination that everyone loves! It makes for an impressive treat at cookie exchange.
That time of the year has arrived, when you get busy with holidays and festivities. Holidays inevitably means baking cookies. Cookies make a wonderful addition to your holiday spread. Also make for wonderful holiday gifting.
A childhood favorite of many is this peanut butter blossoms.
Packed with proteins and deliciousness of Hersey’s kiss milk chocolate these peanut blossom cookies are easy to make and SO DELICIOUS! The peanut butter cookie dough is rolled in sugar, baked and pressed with chocolate kiss.
These soft chewy peanut butter Hersey kiss cookies are always a hit at any party or holiday gatherings. This peanut butter Hersey kiss cookies can be easily doubled or tripled and trust me you want to double it or even triple it up, these vanish in no time.
It’s ‘almost’ Christmas! YAY! Christmas is in the air, and I can feel all the excitement about Christmas. Been spent good 10 years in Convent School during my school days, I have very fond memories of Christmas.
The decoration, the jingles, Christmas was celebrated with zest every year in my School. There were beautifully decorated Christmas trees, prayers, jingles, dances, and gifts for all of us. And the most important of all, there was the delicious fruit cake our Christian neighbors would very fondly share with us.
Cakes tasted heavenly. Oh my, ….I’m almost drooling remembering the taste of those wonderfully baked fruit cakes. Along with fruit cakes were of course a lot of other goodies shared.
Though I’m not a Christian I love to celebrate Christmas for lot of reasons. Some people get irritated that people celebrate Christmas for wrong reasons like for gifts and cakes, forgetting the real purpose and meaning behind Christmas.
I personally feel, there is no harm in celebrating Christmas or any other festival even if it’s for the purpose of giving or receiving gifts and goodies, I think it’s better than doing other nasty things…right? It’s the joy of giving and receiving.
This year I am baking a lot of cookies for Christmas – daughter’s request. Kids love cookies and especially homemade ones, daughter loves to invite her friend’s home and share cookies. For some reason she loves to brag about my homemade cookies. Very proudly, she keeps mentioning to her friends that how good baker I am(well I have doubts about that), that I can bake so many different things! And honestly I love the attention I get from her friends. HAHAHA!
We had some Hersey kisses( you won’t believe we don’t get kisses in my part of the world, so it’s special. A mandatory gift anyone travelling to the west should get) and peanut butter that Raj had bought from his Norway trip few months back. I kept a packet of kisses aside just to use it in peanut butter kiss cookies for Christmas.
This peanut butter chocolate kiss cookies recipe is a real treat. The combination of peanut butter and kisses makes every bit very delicious! If you are a fan of peanut butter, you definitely don’t want to miss these cookies. It’s the most easy cookie recipe and the result will amaze you and your family! Try it!
How to make peanut butter kiss cookies
Peanut butter Hershey kiss cookies has two main parts to it-
- Soft and crumbly peanut butter cookie base
- A candy on top, such as Hersey’s kiss.
Look at it, it resembles like the candy topping is blossoming out of the cookie hence the name peanut blossom cookies.
Start with peanut butter cookie base. Vegetable shortening works better for peanut butter kiss cookie recipe. But you can use butter in case you don’t have vegetable shortening.
Cream butter(vegetable shortening), granulated sugar and brown sugar for 4 to 5 minutes using hand blender or stand mixer.
Break an egg into the mix and add vanilla and milk, continue to beat.
Scoop in peanut butter and beat on medium high for 2 minutes.
In a bowl sift all dry ingredients – flour, baking soda and salt.
Change speed to low and add dry ingredients in 3 parts (½ cup at a time) beat until all dry ingredients are incorporated well. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
Scoop out a tablespoon of cookie mix using cookie scoop, roll it into ball. Roll the ball in sugar to coat and then place it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper about 1 inch apart. Place the rolled cookies in fridge.
Remove the cookies from the fridge. Using your index finger make a dent in the center. And bake the cookies in pre heated oven at 375 F for about 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies begin to turn golden brown.
Remove the baking tray from oven and immediately press Hershey’s kisses in the center of the cookies. Let cookies cool on wire rack.
Serve immediately or store them in air tight containers for a week.
Looking for more ideas of Christmas edible gifts?
Check these out –
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable shortening or unsalted butter
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar plus more for rolling cookies
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tablespoon milk
- ¾ cup Hersey’s kisses
- Pre heat the oven to 375 degree F.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Keep a small bowl ½ filled with granulated sugar.
- In another bowl Cream butter(vegetable shortening), granulated sugar and brown sugar for 4 to 5 minutes using hand blender or stand mixer.
- Break an egg into the mix and add vanilla and milk, continue to beat.
- Scoop in peanut butter and beat on medium high for 2 minutes.
- Add the flour in 3 parts and whisk lightly until the flour gets mixed in the liquids.
- Once all ingredients are well combined, scrap down the cookie mix. Scoop out a tablespoon of cookie mix, roll it into ball and then place it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper about 1 inch apart.
- Using your index finger make a dent in the center. Bake cookies in pre heated oven for about 10 to 12 minutes or until cookies begin to turn golden brown.
- Remove the baking tray from oven and immediately press Hershey’s kisses in the center of the cookies. Let cookies cool on wire rack.
- Serve immediately or store them in air tight containers for a week.
“PIN IT” TO YOUR COOKIES BOARD