This no bake OREO truffles eggs are sinful! Utterly effort less, immensely delicious. Folks, get ready to sin. There is NOTHING healthy about it, other than you are going to want to eat it every day.
To all the OREO lovers in the house, this is for you. XOXO. Decadent. Chocolate. Indulgence. Truffles. Because we are having this no bake OREO truffles eggs! OREO is everyone’s favorite cookie, don’t you agree! And it’s vegan too. Now that sounds like a perfect treat for everyone right! The best part about this recipe…It only has 4 INGREDIENTS and just about 10 minutes work.
Easter is just around the corner and I had plans to test out some Easter delicacies. I have already made this OREO truffles recipe like 4 times. Every time I experimented by adding an ingredient new to the truffles. So finally I settled for this simple recipe. It needs just 3 main ingredients. One the OREO cookies and the other ingredient is the cream cheese.
So let me explain to you guys why I settled for cream cheese in my recipe. I tried OREO truffle balls with milk and the second time I tried with just melted butter. With milk and butter I faced similar issue. While shaping the truffles they won’t easily come together. NO they just won’t! And bigger issue with melted butter alone was, OREO cookie truffle was way too oily and yes it was so hard to shape them into balls or eggs.
I asked myself if I have to test this recipe with condensed milk. I didn’t try it because I don’t like too sweet desserts. OREO cookies by itself is sweet enough, condensed milk would just make it too sweeter, which is not my preference. So condensed milk got crossed too. Hey, if you like condensed milk and super sweet truffles, then please do use condensed milk. You should be able to adapt a recipe as per your preference, and that’s exactly what this OREO truffles recipes is.
4 Ingredients OREO Truffles
THE BEST and of course the simplest truffle that you can whip up in no time is made with cream cheese. I know cream cheese is expensive and most would prefer butter or condensed milk over it as it’s easily available at home and it works on budget, but trust me guys the texture of these truffle eggs and the taste is incredible with cream cheese. So I highly recommend you to use cream cheese.
Everybody loves a good fudgey dessert. It’s decadent and irresistible. You won’t be able to stop at one! It’s a crowd pleasure and your guests are going to be raving about it.
OREO truffles recipe is really easy to customize for special occasions and party. If you are planning to make some OREO truffles for Easter, shape them into eggs- pretty cool they look, don’t you think! During Christmas time you can use green, red colors. You can coat the truffles in white chocolate mixed with green food color and sprinkled with some crushed peppermints or red-green sprinkles on the top.
But you don’t just have to wait for special occasions or holidays to make these truffles. When you have cravings for desserts, treat yourself to dessert therapy with these guilty pleasure dessert truffles! It’s so easy to make, there’s approximately only 10 minutes work involved in making these.
Looking for more sinful desserts?
Give these recipes a try too –
How To Make OREO Truffles
Pulse OREO cookies in a food processor*. If you don’t have a food processor break OREOs into chunks and put in zip lock bag, release all air and then seal it. Crush OREO using rolling pin into crumbs.
Mix cream cheese, pulse again. If you use less cream cheese, the mix will be too crumbly and it won’t shape into balls or eggs. If you use too much cream cheese then the mix is going to be too wet and again you are going to have a hard time trying to shape the truffles. So be sure to use a correct ratio of OREOs cookies and cream cheese. For 40 OREOs I used 200 grams(8 oz) cream cheese.
Shape truffles as you want. I shaped into eggs.
Cover in melted chocolate. Decorate truffles as you like. No bake OREO truffles are ready!
*this is an affiliate link and I might get a commission if you buy the product through the link at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting currytrail.
Best Way To Dip OREO Truffles
The first time I tested this recipe I had issues with getting the truffles coated with chocolate evenly. The coating cracked soon the chocolate was set. I had placed the shaped truffles in freezer for long. So it’s important to freeze these OREO cookie truffles just enough (not long) . 15 minutes is what worked perfectly for me. The truffles were chilled and firm enough to be dipped in chocolate.
Line up a tray with parchment paper or you could even use small waxed cupcake liners.
Use good quality chocolate. Choco chip melts works too. But I used a good quality dark chocolate (yes I used dark chocolate because I was aiming for less sweeter truffles. I hate those sweet overdose desserts. I know! I know! I’m repeating this many time). Melt it as per instructions on the chocolate cover or go ahead and microwave it for a minute or minutes and half removing the bowl every 30 seconds, giving it a good whisk. Little chunks of chocolate in the bowl will melt off with the heat on the bowl . So melt the chocolate till you start to see shiny, glossy chocolate melt.
Remove one or two truffles from the freeze. Dip truffles in chocolate melt and using a fork take truffle out and shake off excess chocolate. You must do this really fast, cause chocolate tends to set pretty quickly, which is good and bad. Bad because if you held truffles on fork for longer, it will stick to fork and ultimately break when you try to get truffles off the fork. So the key tips here is dip, shake, and slide the truffles on to the tray as quick as you can.
You can coat with white chocolate too. Add food colors of your choice to melted white chocolate to make interesting colorful truffles.
Once coated in chocolate just set it in fridge for 10 minutes or even less. Drizzle melted white chocolate over these eggs. Any leftover OREO cookie crumb can be used to decorate the truffles too. After coating truffles in chocolate, before chocolate sets, sprinkle the cookie crumb of top and let it set.
OREO Truffles Storage
So how long can you store these no bake OREO truffle eggs? The perishable nature of cream cheese is in question here.
I say for weeks if you put them in freeze and just about a week if you want to store them in fridge.
I froze the truffles. I left them at room temperature for few minutes before serving. I even ate a few frozen one and it tasted good 😉
Tips For Flavoring OREO Truffles
I used vanilla cream OREO cookies for this recipe. If you want that vanilla flavor to stand out, add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract for that flavor boost.
Other ways to add flavor to truffles is by using other OREO cookie varieties. We don’t get mint OREOs here in India, but I’m so looking forward to trying mint OREOs. Hope we get it soon in Indian market. The minty OREO will give a nice fresh mint flavor to the truffles.
Golden OREO’s might be another option too.
TRY OUR OTHER NO BAKE DESSERTS –
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
WATCH HOW TO MAKE THE OREO TRUFFLES EGGS – QUICK VIDEO
Click play to watch video or you can scroll down to recipe card if you want written recipe.
No Bake Oreo Truffles Eggs
- 3 packets (200 grams) OREO (Vanilla cream)
- 200 grams (8 oz) cream cheese
- 200 grams dark chocolate bark
- 50 grams white chocolate
- 1. If you have a food processor, put all OREO cookies into it and pulse until you the cookies are broken into crumbs. You can break OREO cookies into pieces and then put them in food processor too. I didn’t bother to break it down. MY food processor did it’s job. Reserve some cookie crumb if you plan to use it as topping.
- 2. Add softened cream cheese into the processor and pulse. You should get well combined cookie dough texture.
- 3. Scoop about 1 tablespoon mix, shape it into eggs. Place the truffles on tray lined with parchment paper. Repeat this for all the cookie dough.
- 4. Place the tray in freezer for about 10 to 15 minutes so it gets chilled and becomes firm.
- 5. Meanwhile melt grated chocolate in microwave safe bowl for about a minute, removing it out every 30 seconds and whisk it well. Once you see nice shinny chocolate melt, it’s ready. Do not microwave more. Else the chocolate melt will lose it’s texture and turn hard.
- 6. Remove 2 OREO truffle eggs at a time from the freezer. Dip truffles in chocolate melt and using a fork take truffle out and shake of excess chocolate and slide it carefully onto another tray lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle some cookie crumb over the truffles if you plan to do that. You must do this really fast, cause chocolate tends to set pretty quickly. Coat all OREO truffles eggs in chocolate.
- 7. Place the tray in fridge for about 5 minutes. By them the chocolate will set.
- 8. While the truffles are resting in fridge, melt white chocolate. Pour melted white chocolate into a piping bag. Make a tiny cut at the end to make thin and even drizzle over the truffles.
- 9. Remove OREO truffles from fridge. Quickly drizzle the white chocolate over it. Again this will set pretty fast at room temperature too. But you can pop in fridge for 5 minutes, before serving. Scroll above to read on how to store these truffles.
*This post contain affiliate links.
“PIN IT” TO YOUR EASTER/DESSERT BOARD