Homemade chicken nuggets are far better than what you get in Mc Donald’s and KFC outlets. Making KFC style chicken nuggets at home is no big deal. The perfect nuggets which are super crispy on the outside and soft inside are really easy to make. Homemade chicken nuggets always scores better than the one you pick it from any joints, agree?
You want to bake it, yes you can do that as well. But I tried the KFC style – deep fried. These chicken nuggets turn juicy and not dry at all! Proof is in that above pic. Look at that piece of chicken nugget, the center was so moist and delicious! This chicken nugget recipe, needs just 30 minutes and make a big batch and freeze it for later use.
Chicken nugget recipe is loved by kids and adults alike and makes a great freezer friendly snack. Chicken nuggets are a wonderful make ahead party appetizer that you can make, freeze and when ever you want to use, just remove from freezer and fry the homemade chicken nuggets in hot oil.
The crunch you get is from panko bread crumbs…oh my goodness! I could eat just that crunchy crispy crumb. It’s so satisfying and so addictive too. Using panko bread crumbs to coat the chicken pieces is the crucial step to achieve crispy out chicken nuggets. You will not be able to get that crispy look and texture with normal bread crumb. So I highly recommend you use only panko bread crumbs.
Homemade Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Homemade chicken nuggets are not at all hard to make. It’s comes together easily using simple budget friendly ingredients and you exactly know what goes in making these super crunchy and crispy homemade chicken nuggets. So feeding kids as much as they want is not going to bother you.
Chicken – Chicken breast is cut into strips, which is then cut into pieces, which gets marianted in buttermilk for few hours which makes chicken pieces stay moist and juicy. After mariantion is done, remove chicken pieces out of buttermilk, drain off excess buttermilk by shaking it off.
Season flour with all the amazing spices and seasoning mentioned. Don’t get intimidated with all the spices mentioned in this chicken nugget recipe. You NEED ALL THEM ALL. The flavors and spices won’t be over powering at all. The salt, the spice everything gives homemade chicken nugget that extra oomph that is very much needed!
This Mc Donald copycat chicken nugget won’t be good enough if it did not have that crunchy crisp outer layer. While double coating and panko bread crumbs, gives your the crispy outer, we wanted to have that truly crispy outer layer on chicken nuggets. What’s the secret behind that truly crispy outer layer on chicken nuggets?
We add some corn flakes as well to the panko bread crumb mix. You’ll be amazed with the results.
Flour – Double coating, coating with flour is good. But coating with seasoned flour is the best way to coat chicken nugget pieces. Why? Cause you won’t have bland and boring outer skin. We get flavorful and amazing chicken nuggets both inside and outer.
Egg Wash – Egg wash ensures the coating sticks to homemade chicken nugget pieces.
Panko Coating – Mix together panko crumbs, corn flakes (powdered), and the rest of the seasoning. Coat chicken in panko mix after it’s dipped in egg wash.
Fry – Deep fried in oil. Any flavor less oil works. Vegetable oil is best for deep frying.
You can easily bake it too to make healthier version of homemade chicken nuggets.
Read the recipe to find out how to make perfect chicken nuggets every time at home.
Check these other amazing snack/appetizer ideas as well –
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Homemade Chicken Nuggets
For marinating chicken
- 300 grams boneless chicken breast cleaned, washed and cut into 2 inch cubes
- 5 tablespoon buttermilk
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon pepper powder
- 4 tablespoon all purpose flour maida
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup cornflakes powdered
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl add chicken buttermilk salt and pepper powder, mix well. Cover and marinate it in fridge for 3 to 4 hours. Then remove from fridge and drain off excess buttermilk.
- Place all purpose flour on a wide flat plate. Beat eggs and place it in a bowl. In a wide bowl mix panko bread crumbs, corn flakes powder, oregano, salt, paprika, pepper powder, garlic powder, onion powder and mix well.
- In a wide pan heat oil for deep frying.
- Remove a piece of chicken and first coat it with flour, then dip it in egg and then coat with panko bread crumb mix. Repeat this all the chicken pieces.
- Once oil is hot, reduce flame to medium and drop the coated chicken pieces in oil, few pieces at a time making sure you don’t over crowd the oil. Deep fry until golden brown on all side. Once cooked, remove from oil and drain it on paper towel.
- Serve hot with any sauce or dip of your choice.
“PIN IT” TO YOUR SNACKS BOARD