Vegan Roasted Carrot Soup Recipe is full of fall flavors. It’s warm comforting and super easy to make. Gorgeous velvety carrot soup recipe is going to be your favorite fall soup.
A soup like this is sure to brighten up your day no matter what. Roasting carrots and onions bring out rich flavors and caramelized onions add rich-tasting sweetness to the soup.
This ultra-creamy roasted carrot soup recipe surprisingly does not have any added cream to it. Still you get super smooth, creamy, velvety and ultra tasty soup.
A dash of thick coconut cream just for garnish drizzled on top just before serving giving it a fancy look is all the cream that is there in this soup, you can totally skip that too if you want to eliminate any addition of cream to carrot soup.
With no added cream, yet cream of carrot soup looks super creamy! It’s definitely a savory soup with warm winter flavors.
For VEGAN lovers this soup is a great light meal option. Serve it as a starter with few garlic bread or as a meal alongside some grilled cheese sandwich or roasted croutons for lighter meal options. The extraordinary flavors from roasting carrots, onions are the highlight of this soup.
A breath of fresh air, the cool wind gush in with a drizzle of rain drops through the open windows, pearly rain drops dripping through the window glass, it finally feels like monsoon here.
Roasting carrots along with onions, gives this soup a nice nutty flavor. I went to a farmers market last week, and came back home with a bunch of freshly plucked carrots.
Those fresh carrots were used very well. I made a couple of dishes; one of them is a soup. This roasted carrot and onion soup is so simple and extremely deliciously creamy. The creaminess is not from any cream or milk; it’s from the carrot puree.
OK, I just used a tad of cream for garnish, and that’s about it. Rainy day or not, this soup is sure to comfort your belly and soul. The gorgeous color is enticing, isn’t it?
Best Roasted Carrot Soup Recipe
Pre heat oven to 360 degree F.
Grease a baking sheet with olive oil. Layer the carrots, onion, garlic on the baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle rock salt and pepper powder. Drizzle olive oil on top of the carrots and toss once.
Roast in an pre-heated oven for about 30 to 40 minutes. Toss 2 twice in between so carrots cook evenly. Once nicely roasted take it out of the oven and let it cool a bit.
Transfer roasted carrots into Vitamix and blend until smooth. Pour soup back into a sauce pan. Heat the soup until it’s hot.
Ladle hot soup into serving bowls, add the garnish and serve immediately.
A FEW MORE EXCITING FALL SOUP RECIPES FOR YOU TO TRY. STAY WARM AND COZY WITH THESE DELICIOUS SOUPS –
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Vegan Roasted Carrot Soup Recipe
- 4 carrots
- 1 big onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon pepper powder add more if you prefer more spicy
- 1 ½ teaspoon rock salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut cream (optional, for garnish)
- few micro herbs (optional)
- 1 pinch Salt if required
- 1 pinch Ground pepper
- Wash carrots. Peel the skin on them. Chop them roughly. Chop onions roughly. Slightly crush garlic (skin removed).
- Pre heat oven to 360 degree F
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil. Layer the carrots, onion, garlic on the baking sheet in a single layer. Sprinkle rock salt and pepper powder. Drizzle olive oil on top of the carrots and toss once.
- Roast in an pre-heated oven for about 30 to 40 minutes. Toss 2 twice in between so carrots cook evenly. Once nicely roasted take it out of the oven and let it cool a bit.
- Transfer all to Vitamix and blend smooth. Pour soup back into a sauce pan. Heat the soup until nice hot.
- Ladle hot soup into serving bowls, add the garnish and serve immediately.