Blueberry frozen yogurt is stunning vibrant color summer dessert that you want to dive in headfirst. This slightly tangy, sweet blueberry frozen yogurt is great summer treat that you can serve for breakfast or dessert.
With 4 ingredients, 5 minutes for this stunning dessert that screams summer. Healthier and lighter than ice cream, with whole lot of flavors and tastes equally good!
Blueberry frozen yogurt is slightly tangy, sweet and can be served for breakfast or as dessert.
It’s peak summer, time to stock up more ice creams and frozen delights in your fridge . We’ve got delicious dessert to keep you cool and refreshed as mercury rises. Leave the ice cream behind! Make yourself frozen yogurt, it’s so much more healthier and satisfying too.
Best way to use of all the berries that you will stock up. If you are someone who have your freezer stocked with berries, and wondering how are you going to use it up, here’s what you do. You turn a big batch of frozen berries into blueberries frozen yogurt. This diy frozen yogurt is so simple and so luxuriously delicious, you would love to eat it all days.
Fro-yo and sorbets are great alternatives for ice cream that sure will satisfy the palate without weighing down with guilt!
Use full fat yogurt for creamier texture. It scores all points especially if you want to watch your figure plus eat delicious dessert!
Freezing Berries And Storing Them
Pick and discard any bad berries. If your freezing strawberries, hull it and cherries needs to be pitted. Any other berries can be frozen as it is. Wash and dry it completely over kitchen towel.
Place the berries on a tray in single layer.
Freeze it for 2-3 hours or until solid.
Once berries have turned hard, transfer frozen berries into freezer safe zip lock bags and store it in freezer for almost a year.
Now you can have berries all year long. Hoard berries when they are in season and when it’s on sale and stock them up.
Blueberry Frozen Yogurt Recipe
Step 1 – Pick and discard all bad berries. Freeze blueberries.
Step 2 – Freezer Greek yogurt in ice cube trays.
Step 3 – Use Vitamix for best consistency. Blend frozen blueberries, frozen Greek yogurt, lemon juice with zest, honey (or maple syrup), and a pinch of salt until it smooth.
Step 4 – If you want soft swirl consistency, simply serve it up as it is in a bowl or cup. Make it look YUM by swrilling it in serving bowls.
Step 5 – Garnish with fresh or frozen blueberries and mint leaf.
WE THOUGHT YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN OUR OTHER FROZEN TREATS –
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
Blueberry Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- ⅓ cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup (or honey)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pick and discard all bad berries. Freeze blueberries.
- Freezer Greek yogurt in ice cube trays.
- Use Vitamix for best consistency. Blend frozen blueberries, frozen Greek yogurt, lemon juice with zest, honey (or maple syrup), and a pinch of salt until it smooth.
- If you want soft swirl consistency, simply serve it up as it is in a bowl or cup. Make it look YUM by swrilling it in serving bowls.
- Pour into freezer safe container and freeze for couple of hours.
- Just before serving, scoop out blueberry frozen yogurt into serving bowls. Garnish with frozen blueberries and fresh mint leaves. Serve immediately.