Pretzel Hershey kisses are 3 ingredients little treat that are great for Christmas parties. These salty-sweet treats are one of the easiest holiday gifts you can package for your neighbors and friends.
When someone says this recipe is ’as easy as pie’ probably is referring to chocolate pretzels. Simple things are always the best! You cannot find a sweet treat recipe as simple, easy and fast as these chocolate pretzels. It’s incredibly easy to make and ready in less than 15 minutes.
Ask me, wrapping those kiss chocolates takes more time than these pretzel and kisses baking in the oven. You’ll find many recipes that says you need to bake pretzels and kisses for 5 minutes, 10 minutes and some even more time. But after experimenting three times I found that kisses does not need that long time in the oven.
In fact you should NOT bake chocolate for long time, which will make chocolate turn hard. Over baking chocolate is a disaster, you won’t be able to press the M&M candies in it. If you over heat chocolate it will shrink or turn hard.
TIP : if you notice white spots on chocolate, it means you have taken chocolate too far. It is over heated. And it will crack when you try to press down m&m candy.
You want the kiss chocolate to soften just enough so you can press the chocolate coated candies. Trick is removing the baking sheet out of the oven as soon as kisses turn shiny. 1-2 minutes only? Is that long enough for chocolate to soften? Trust me, it is just enough. Learnt it the hard way after 3 failed attempts.
First time I baked kisses bedded over pretzels for 5 minutes and guess what? Well, they burnt! I couldn’t smoosh in the M&M candies.
My second and third attempts failed too by couple of seconds off, 30 to 45 seconds. Kisses either turned hard or shrunk.
So I watched closely on my fourth attempt. As soon as kisses become shiny remove it out of the oven immediately. Do not leave it a second more. It took about 1 minute and 28 seconds (that’s right, I timed it exactly) to see shiny kisses.
As soon as pretzels kisses are out of the oven using a wide straw to press the M&M into the Kiss. It keeps your fingers out of the chocolate and helps to give them all a neat and uniform look.
I did press M&Ms into kisses with my hands as you may see in the video. If you do not want mess and chocolate coated fingers, use a straw.
It would be great to have a pair of extra helping hands to press candies into softened kisses. You need to work fast. M&Ms should be pressed while kisses are still hot.
If this process is delayed, kisses will begin to harden and you will be breaking or cracking the kisses while pressing in M&M candies as it cools down.
What Do You Need For Pretzel Kisses
Three, just three ingredients!
- Pretzels – You can use any kind of pretzels. The square ‘waffle’ kind, round pretzels or mini pretzel twists can be used.
- Hershey Kiss – Can use Hershey chocolate kisses, Hershey hugs, rolos, peppermint kisses. Use one type or use a mix of all of it. But make sure you bake the same kind in a batch, as each of these chocolate needs different time heating time to soften.
- M&Ms – Any candies can be used really. M&Ms are great. And if you are skillet fan, use that as well.
How to Make Pretzel Hershey Kiss M&M (step-by-step pictures)
These pretzel kisses are incredibly easy to make.
Step 1 – Put the pretzel on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Using silicon baking sheet or parchment paper so you can remove these treats easily. Otherwise they may stick to the baking pan.
Step 2 – Place Hershey kisses on top of each pretzel. To make it faster, just before starting have your kids to unwrap all the kisses. Get your kids involved in cooking, oh they’ll have a blast!
Step 3 – Bake pretzel Hershey kiss in pre heated oven at 175 degree F for about 1-2 minutes.
Note – every oven is different. You want to keep an eye on your kissed pretzels while in the oven. Bake it just enough to heat kiss chocolate. When it turns shiny, remove immediately from the oven.
Step 4 – Have a pair of extra helping hands. As soon as you remove baking tray from oven, press M&M candy into the kisses. To get neat and uniform look using wide straw to press M&M candies into chocolate kisses. Keeps your finger out of chocolate.
Step 5 – Trust me you won’t be able to resist. These are very tasty while it’s warm! If you are planning to gift it, set it aside to set. You can place the tray in fridge to help it set the chocolate faster. Pack them up for gifting purpose.
LOOKING FOR MORE IDEAS OF CHRISTMAS EDIBLE GIFTS?
Check these out –
Instant Pot Popcorn (+3 flavoring ideas)
Irish Shortbread Christmas Tree Cookies
Eggless Gingerbread Man Cookies
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
LOVE THIS RECIPE? KEEP IN TOUCH AND DON’T MISS OUT ON ANY OF CURRYTRAIL RECIPES! FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, TWITTER.
Pretzel Hershey Kiss
- 50 Pretzels mini square ‘waffle’ or mini twists shapes
- 50 Hershey Kisses
- 50 M&M’s use festive M&Ms
- Pre-heat oven at 175 degree F.
- Line a baking tray with silicon baking sheet or parchment paper.
- Layout each pretzels on baking tray.
- Place a Hershey kiss on each pretzels.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for about 1-2 minutes. PRO-TIP : every oven is different. You want to keep an eye on your kissed pretzels while in the oven. Bake it just enough to heat kiss chocolate. When it turns shiny, remove immediately from the oven. If you get white spots on the chocolate while blooming it, it mealts you have taken the chocolate too far. It's gonna crack when you press down m&M candies.
- Remove baking tray from oven. The kisses will still be in shape. You want the chocolate kiss soft enough to press M&M.
- An extra pair of helping hands will be great. Gently press M&M candies on each kiss. To get neat and uniform look using wide straw to press M&M candies into chocolate kisses. Keeps your finger out of chocolate.
- Refrigerate it until chocolate hardens.
- Package these in gift boxes with cute ribbons if you want to gift it. Or store in air tight container. Keeps good for at least 2 weeks.
- Use silicon baking mat or parchment paper lining on baking tray. Else pretzels will stick to the tray.
- As soon as kisses become shiny remove it out of the oven immediately. Do go over though, it will burn. It took about 1 minute and 28 seconds for a batch, this time may vary depending on your oven.
- Use wide straw to press the M&M into the Kiss. It keeps your fingers out of the chocolate and helps to give them all a neat and uniform look.
- Kisses, hugs and rolos needs different time to soften. Do different batches for each type of chocolate instead of making them all up.
- Work faster. Get a pair of helping hands to press down M&M into heated kisses. M&M needs to be smooshed while kisses are hot. Longer it wait, you will result in cracking the kisses while pressing down m&ms.
Comments & Reviews
I’m going to make these with my niece and nephew. They’re really little but I think they could almost make these on their own! Very fun!
Amy Dong says
These are always a holiday favorite. I’ve made them with Rolos sometimes. So fun, festive, and easy!
I love how simple and easy these are to make! My nieces and nephew love these and we have so much fun making them together!
These are my favorite for Christmas! Make a great gift too!
These are such a fun snack for holiday parties! Love that they are so easy to make!
Kim @ Three Olives Branch says
What a fun and simple idea for cookie exchanges! I just love chocolate and pretzels together, they are perfect!
Lori | The Kitchen Whisperer says
Ok I need 2 trays of these STAT! I love simple easy treats like this! And I love that you timed it too! Persistence is key and greatly appreciated!
These looks scrumptious
Thank you Lori
Nicole Washington says
These are so cute and easy! I love sweet and salty combinations and this is perfect!
So colorful and cheerful for the holidays – these are always a hit, especially with the kiddos! You’re totally right – “easy as pie”! Why overthink it, right?!? Oh – and great tip about watching for the chocolate to look shiny so you know when to pull them from the oven!
How perfect and festive this looks. My lil one would simply love it.