5 minutes super creamy roasted beet hummus , the name says it all – takes 5 minutes to whip up this pink summery dip(when prep work is taken care before hand).
Originally posted in August 2015, gave this post a new lease of life in June 2018
Old pic (covering my face with embarrassment)
We are in love with vibrant pink color of this roasted beet hummus. Beetroots adds slight sweet earthy flavors to the hummus with a burst of electric pink color, I’ve always been taken with the color! It’s excellent dip with raw veggies, chips, pita bread.
Adding roasted veggies likes carrots, beets or red peppers to hummus enhances the flavor and taste of hummus by ten folds.
How To Make Creamy Roasted Beet Hummus?
This beet hummus recipe is very simple and easy to make if you have roasted beetroots already. Roasting beetroot is the only time consuming prep, which I recommend you to do ahead and keep ready while whipping up hummus.
There is a subtle earthy flavored sweetness from the roasted beetroots and the creaminess from chickpeas, olive oil makes it great for scooping with vegetables, smearing over a toast, or to drizzle over your burger patties.
Roasted beets along with cooked chickpeas, garlic, pepper powder, lime juice, salt, tahini paste, basil leaves, olive oil and water(a little), blend them into hummus paste and serve.
OTHER INTERESTING SAUCES/DIPS YOU MUST TRY-
HAVE YOU TRIED ONE OF MY RECIPES? I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT YOU’VE MADE! TAKE A PICTURE AND USE THE HASHTAG #CURRYTRAIL ON INSTAGRAM SO I CAN SEE! I’LL DO A HAPPY DANCE IF YOU TRY MY RECIPE AND SHARE IT WITH US!
5 Minutes Super Creamy Roasted Beet Hummus
- 2 beetroot
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoon tahini
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Water as required
- Olive oil
- White and black sesame seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Soak chickpeas over night. Next day pressure cooks with a pinch of salt. Once cooked, drain excess water, keep aside.
- Wash peel the skin of beetroot. Chop them roughly, drizzle olive oil(about 1 tspn) and salt(a generous pinch) and roast in pre heated oven.at 400F for about 40-50 minutes(time depends on the size of your beets). Make sure to turn beetroot once or twice during roasting.
- In a blender add all the ingredients and blend until you get a fine, smooth paste.
- Transfer to a serving bowl garnish with olive oil, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds. If you prefer fresh herbs, use dill, basil leaves for garnish. Serve them with nachos, pita bread, spread it over sandwich or use it as a dip for veggies. They are simply delicious!