I just timed this delicious, extremely delicious French roll ups just for Valentine’s day post. It’s just that chocolate is believed to be one of the most popular ingredient you have to use to make any Valentines day special recipe. And strawberry is a beautiful add on for Valentine’s special recipes. Why? I guess it’s the heart shaped juicy red fruit reminds us all of heart which symbolizes to Valentine’s day.
Valentine’s day or not, I urge you to try this recipe and I guarantee you will get hooked to it and this melt in mouth French roll ups which is loaded with Nutella and strawberries will become your regular breakfast dish. Don’t believe me? Try this dish and let me know. 😉
Well I may not have used the ‘actual’ chocolate here, but guys Nutella is so much more better than chocolate and Nutella loves to be on bread. This is a dish you want to make for your loved ones and for yourself the day you are feeling blue and want something to pep you up.
If you are a Nutella fan I don’t have to say even a word, I know you guys will go pounce on this roll ups the moment you see it. So to do the pouncing, you got to try this recipe.
Just remember this, when you make this dish , just keep your guilt feeling aside. Because these roll ups are bad as*. It has a good amount of Nutella spread on it and then there are eggs into which it dipped and fried/cooked in butter. Ofcourse the dish would not be complete without a generous amount of icing sugar sprinkled on top. You know what I’m talking about! Yeah, that’s why I call it bad a** roll ups.
Indulge yourself and get your loves ones to indulge in this “love” roll ups aka Nutella Strawberry French Roll Ups.
10 bread slices
1 cup strawberries
10 tablespoons Nutella
1/3 cup butter, unsalted
3 tablespoon milk
¼ cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Trim the edges on the bread. Slightly roll the bread. Keep aside.
- Hull the strawberries and chop into small pieces.
- In a bowl, add eggs and milk whisk well.
- Take a rolled slice of bread, spread generous amount (about 1 tablespoon) Nutella over it. Place a spoon full of chopped strawberries on one edge. Carefully roll the bread and seal the ends tight to ensure the strawberries stays intact inside. Repeat this for rest of the bread slices.
- Dip the rolls carefully in egg.
- In a wide pan heat butter on low flame. DO not brown the butter. Place the rolls dipped in eggs into the pan and shallow fry until the bread turns golden brown on all sides.
- Remove from pan and let it cool down.
- Mix powdered sugar and cinnamon powder well. Dust it generously on the roll ups. Serve immediately.
- You can serve these roll ups for breakfast, after school snacks or even as desserts.