I call it super easy baked eggs for breakfast because it needs 2 minutes of prep and 8 minutes in oven, your breakfast is ready! Apt right?! Gooey runny eggs, or soft yolk eggs, or well baked eggs, you decide how you like your baked eggs!
You may love it! You may lothe it! But it arrives every year without fail on February 14 whether you like it or not.
Love is in the air…
And the V day is fast approaching. I and Raj we don’t exactly do Valentine’s Day. At least not in a way we go publicly show off our love for each other. We don’t do human sized teddy bears, big soft red hearts, not even red roses(specially on V Day, they are so highly priced on the day) So no point splurging money on these highly priced stuff just to publicly demonstrate love for each other.
All we need is love….
And small special gestures to say “I love you!” I appreciate you!” “You make my life beautiful” . It could be, giving a hug(well not just of the V day, but every day, or every now and then), Hold hands and say I love you. Or maybe even cook up a breakfast for your loved ones and serve it in bed 😀 Yes these gestures could make one feel special and loved.
I like to cook something special for the person in my life. It goes without saying; a way to person’s heart is through his stomach. So I like to follow that 😉 I do cook a lot for him, that is love right!
Well, what I cook sometimes may be not what he exactly likes. I mean even if I’m cooking something that I like it is still love right? A different kind of love, that’s all! 😉
Since this year Valentine’s day falls on weekend, you have one more reason to celebrate it. Be it the idea of weekend special or V Day special, this super easy baked eggs for breakfast is that perfect for serving breakfast on bed for your special ones, at least once in a while! Baked eggs are so simple to make, anybody will be able to make these.
The key to best baked eggs is – egg white just firm enough and the yolk creamy and runny. I have baked my eggs slightly over as I don’t like runny eggs most of the time. Don’t give me that eyes! Everybody has their preferences right? 😀
If you are unlike me, then definitely baked these eggs with runny yolk. Just make sure you bake them for right amount time.
Also check out these other baked eggs recipes –
Are you a person who doesn’t do the whole Valentine’s thing either?
How do you show your appreciation to the person in your life?
Are you showing enough appreciation?
Super Easy Baked Eggs For Breakfast
- 4 eggs
- Few pinches you may use any herb that goes well with eggs, thyme, tarragon, parsley, marjoram, anything. I used thyme
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder (as required)
- 2 teaspoon grated cheese
- 2 teaspoon fresh cream
- oil for greasing the ramekins
- Grease 2 individual ramekins with oil. Crack 2 eggs into each bowl. Sprinkle some salt and pepper powder.
- Sprinkle thyme leaves or any other herb you prefer to use. Sprinkle cheese. Pour cream on top.
- Bake in pre heated oven at 160 degree centigrade for about 6 to 8 minutes if you want to have runny eggs. Bake for about 10 minutes if you prefer soft sticky eggs and bake for about 15 minutes if you prefer well baked eggs. Choice is yours!
- Your breakfast in bed – baked eggs is ready. Serve it immediately with warm toasted olive bread.
Looking for ideas for Valentine’s Day special recipes? I have a few on my blog to help you plan your day.