Christmas popcorn- a fun and festive popcorn snack mix that everybody would love. This super easy 5 ingredients popcorn snack mix comes together in 5 minutes. It’s so easy that kids can make it(with your assistance)!
Take your snack mix to the next level with this festive Christmas popcorn. It’s sweet, it’s salty, it’s delicious!
Christmas popcorn is that perfect last-minute-edible-gift that you can make in no time if you’re having hectic holidays. Not just holiday party, you should make it any day, everyday, because delicious stuff should not wait for anything. It would be great on weekend movie night!
A word of caution– this is super addictive. My kids were literally stuffing their face into it.
With holiday sprinkles, peppermint candies and marshmallows you get irresistible sweet treat. Called by so many names, Christmas popcorn is must have treat on your Christmas party table.
Whatever you want to call it, call it! Make sure you definitely include this Santa munch on your Christmas party menu list.
Salty popcorn tossed in marshmallow melt, festive sprinkles and crushed peppermint candies makes a gooey irresistible snack mix. I bet you won’t stop eating it.
You can add in anything you want into this easy popcorn snack mix. I used marshmallows melt in the recipe, don’t like marshmallows? Just coat it with white chocolate melt, it works! Let’s talk about the add-ons shall we:
It’s festive season, so it’s mandatory to have Christmas sprinkles in it. My kids demand for it. It’s not Christmas popcorn without the red, white and green sprinkles. Plus looks how fancy the popcorn looks with red, green and white sprinkles! Don’t miss out holiday sprinkles.
Because Christmas popcorn snack mix is so versatile you can jazz it up whatever you want to add or whatever you have in your pantry. Pretzels, holiday M&M’s, nuts….just about anything!
How to Make Santa Munch Christmas Popcorn
Start off with a BIG batch of popcorn. Trust me guys, this thing will get over in no time and you will be asked to make another batch. I speak from my experience. I started first batch with 5 cups of popcorn to make this Christmas popcorn snack mix and we didn’t have any left for the Christmas school party the next day.
My kids couldn’t stop eating it. So I had to whip up another batch.
Popcorn kernels can be popped in pressure cooker or in microwave. Find the directions on how to make your own popcorn in pressure cooker here.
Once popcorn kernel is popped transfer it to a baking sheet preferably lined with silicon mat(I tried with parchment paper as I don’t have silicon mat and it was a mess, haha lesson learnt, passing on the wisdom now LOL).
Make sure to get out all the un-popped kernels from the popcorn. You don’t want to get a bite of one of those!
Sprinkle generous salt over the popcorn and toss well.
In a pan melt butter. Once melted, reduce flame to low add all the mini marshmallows, keep stirring until marshmallows are melted. Remove the pan from stove soon as all marshmallows are melted.
Immediately pour it over popcorn. Using rubber spatulas gently fold in until all popcorn is coated in the marshmallow mixture.
Time to add candies, nut and any add-ons you want to use. Festive sprinkles, M&M’s, crushed peppermint candies, nuts, pretzels can be added. Add whatever you want, but add them soon as you coat popcorn in marshmallow mix.
You don’t want to wait too long; your popcorn snack mix will turn dry. Add the candies when popcorn is still warm and sticky. Once everything is mixed in allow Christmas popcorn to cool completely.
Break up the popcorn mix, store in air tight containers or zip lock bags.
Note: Christmas crunch popcorn stays good at room temperature for 2-3 days. But they will turn a bit chewy the 2nd or 3rd day. These are best if you serve it right after you make it.
Looking for last-minute-Christmas-treat ?
Here you go –
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
SANTA MUNCH CHRISTMAS POPCORN
Click play to watch video or you can scroll down to recipe card if you want written recipe.
Santa Munch Christmas Popcorn
- 10 cups of popcorn
- Generous salt
- 3 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- Christmas sprinkles – red green, white ones
- Peppermint candy – crushed
More add-ons (options)
- M&M’s - Green and red
- Mini marshmallows
- Nuts – like almonds, pecans or walnuts
- Pop popcorn kernels in pressure cooker, click here to know how to make popcorn in pressure cooker. If using microwavable popcorns, pop as per instructions on the packet.
- Note : If using microwavable popcorn bags I’d suggest you to use plain popcorn and add salt to it once popped. Butter flavoured popcorn turns out yellow and it does not look pretty to make Christmas popcorn. Christmas popcorn is prettier when it’s white not golden yellow. That’s me!
- Transfer popcorn onto baking sheet lined with cookie sheet (silicon mat).
- Note : Make sure to remove all the un-popped kernels. You don’t want to bite into it.
- Add salt over popcorn and toss well.
- Melt butter in a pan. To melted butter add mini marshmallows and stir until marshmallows are melted completely. DO NOT OVER HEAT MARSHMALLOWS.
- Remove immediately from stove and pour it over popcorn.
- Using rubber (or wooden) spatula mix gently until all popcorn is coated in marshmallow mix.
- While popcorn is still warm and gooey add candies over it – Christmas sprinkles or confetti’s, M&M’s, crushed peppermint candy and other add-on’s. Mix gently.
- Allow popcorn to cool completely. Break the popcorn apart and store in air tight containers.
- Christmas popcorn is best served immediately!