Chicken meal prep with brown rice is one of the easiest, healthy, budget friendly meal prep recipe. Buttery-lemony-herbed chicken with stir fried crunchy vegetables and cilantro lemon brown rice all fixed in 30 minutes. Yes, you read it right, all in 30 minutes!
Can you believe that? Multitasking and little prepping ahead makes a delicious healthy, hearty meal for your busy weekday dinner/lunch. Try this one out, I guarantee you won’t mind one bit!
Meal prep bowls especially like this chicken and brown rice makes life easy through the week. Plan ahead, make time to prep and cook food for you and your family for the week ahead, store them in fridge and you can breathe through the week relaxed. Yes, meal preps for a week do take time, but I say it’s worth it.
You will forget those take away meals, online food orders that you are probably doing through the busy week, when you are held up with work and have no time or energy to cook everyday. Meal preps are also the perfect ways to eat and stay healthy all week, you see you don’t have to end up hogging those greasy pizzas and fried burgers!
You can also prepare a bunch of different flavors at once during meal prep so you won’t get bored of same menu all week long. Use different marination for chicken breasts, and different vegetables while doing your meal prep recipes chicken. I have stir fried the vegetables and cooked chicken in pan. You can easily throw all vegetables and chicken in oven and roast or grill them, you choice!
Keep in mind not to push the meals in fridge beyond 4 days. It won’t taste good. Also I just microwave the meal for few seconds so it’s just warm enough to eat. I do not recommend freezing these meal boxes. Prep it for 4 to 5 days a week and eat it all in time.
Feel free to use any vegetable of your choice. You can swap brown rice with super grains like quinoa. And just like that lunch is served!
How To Meal Prep Chicken and Rice
Meal prepping chicken and rice is all about time management and multi tasking with some amount of planning ahead. Work out on chicken meal prep ideas ahead and get them all ready the day before. I usually plan everything on Saturday, get my grocery shopping done the same day so i’m all set. Sunday evening is my favorite time to get into the kitchen and get my chicken meal prep done for the entire week.
Also I aim at getting my meal prep chicken and rice done in less time, usually 30 minutes is my target time.
How to do it all in 30 minutes?
- Cook rice first, as that takes the longest time. I recommend pressure cooker for rice as it’s fast and fuss free to cook rice.
- Choose vegetables of your choice. Go for easy cuts of vegetables like simple slicing, cutting in halves or quarters. Chop them in bunches.
- While rice is cooking, roast or stir fry vegetables and chicken all in one pan. You can quickly saute one vegetable after another or simply throw in all vegetables in and do a quick stir fry.
- Make sure you marinated chicken before. All you need next is about 20 minutes to cook chicken.
- Use boxes like these boxes* that have air tight lids, refrigerator friendly and microwaveable. The idea is to store the meals in a box that you can carry and eat from the same box after microwave heating.
- Again, I do not recommend storing them in freezer.
*this is an affiliate link and I might get a commission if you buy the product through the link at no extra cost to you.
Check out other favorite chicken recipe that can be meal prepped-
Don’t forget to Subscribe to CurryTrail Recipes below to get our newest recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
CHICKEN MEAL PREP WITH BROWN RICE RECIPE VIDEO
Click play to watch video or you can scroll down to recipe card if you want written recipe.
Chicken brown rice meal prep is one of the easiest, healthy, budget friendly recipe. Buttery lemony herbed chicken with stir fried crunchy vegetables and cilantro lemon brown rice all fixed in 30 minutes. Yes, you read it right, all in 30 minutes!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 21/2 tsp olive oil
- 2 medium broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 1 cup zucchini (sliced)
- 1 cup baby tomatoes (halved)
- 3 lemons (juice extracted)
- 1 tbsp pepper powder
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 10 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 cups brown rice (cooked)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 4 lemon(or lime) wedges
- salt to taste
Cook brown rice until nice and fluffy. Once cooked keep aside to cool.
Add juice of 1 lemon, salt to taste and ½ cup chopped cilantro into rice. Give it a gentle mix.
Marinate chicken breasts with lemon juice, salt to taste, pepper powder, Italian seasoning. Mix well and let it sit in fridge until use.
In a pan heat an teaspoon oil. Stir fry broccoli florets seasoned with little salt for about 2 minutes or so. Remove from pan on to a plate.
Stir fry zucchini slices in the same pan for a minute or so. Remove zucchini on to a plate.
Throw in the baby tomatoes and let it blister in the pan, takes about a minute depending on the heat of the pan.
Add the butter and remaining olive oil. Arrange marinated chicken breasts in the pan. Add minced garlic on sides of the pan. Cook chicken on both sides until seared well. Remove from pan once cooked, let it cool. Slice.
Portion chicken, rice, vegetables between 4 storage containers. Top it with some more cilantro leaves.
Serve immediately, or cover tightly with lids and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Make sure you marinated chicken before. That way all you need next is about 20 minutes to cook chicken.
- Use boxes that have air tight lids and the boxes have to be refrigerator friendly and microwaveable. The idea is to store the meals in a box that you can carry and eat from the same box after microwave heating.
- Again, I do not recommend storing them in freezer.