📋 RECIPE: 4 Ingredients Cherry Smoothie
This cherry smoothie is made with only 4 ingredients and it’s packed with nutrients. Frozen cherries, vanilla Greek yogurt, pomegranate juice and banana blend into pretty pink delicious is great for breakfast and snacks.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1.5 cup frozen dark red pitted cherries
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup vanilla Greek yogurt flavored yogurt
- 1 cup pomegranate juice or apple juice, chilled
Place frozen pitted cherries, vanilla Greek yogurt, pomegranate juice and banana into a blender.
Pulse and blend ingredients until smooth.
Pour into serving glass and serve immediately.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- At least one fruit should be frozen to get right consistency smoothie which is thick and pourable. Pit cherries and freeze it. Banana don’t have to be frozen.
- Use frozen cherries and frozen banana to make super thick smoothie.
- Use powerful blender like Vitamix to make it nice and smooth.
- Right amount of liquid is important to get thick pourable consistency. Fruit juices, milk is best liquid component. Pineapple juice, apple juice, white grape juice, cranberry juice or milk can be used.
- Taste enhancers like vanilla extract or almond extract can be used for added flavor and taste. Add one to two tablespoon honey for added sweetness.
- Pack in nutrients in the smoothie with chia seeds, flax seeds or hemp seeds.
- Always serve smoothie right away. The longer you wait, the icy parts starts separating and float to the top leaving down the juice sink down the glass.
Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 37mg | Potassium: 784mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 46g | Vitamin A: 104IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 1mg