Cheesy Sweet Corn Casserole
Hands down this corn casserole is the easiest side dish you’ll ever make. Whisk together all ingredients, pour into casserole dish and bake. For extra deliciousness load it with cheese. Ultimate comforting and delicious casserole dish is ready.
Servings: 8 servings
- 15 ounce (1 can) sweet corn drained(or use thawed frozen sweet corn)
- 15 ounce (1 can) creamed corn
- 8.5 ounce (1 packet) Jiffy’s corn muffin mix
- 1 cup (8 ounce)sour cream
- ½ cup 4 ounce butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup (4 ounce) shredded cheese (use cheddar, Swiss, mozzarella)
Combine all ingredients except grated cheese in a medium bowl.
Beat until everything comes together.
Note: to make it easy I first added all wet ingredients – eggs, melted butter and sour cream into the bowl. Beat until sour cream is smoothened and blend well together.
Then I added rest of the ingredients – sweet corn, creamed corn and corn muffin mix. Beat until everything comes together.
Transfer the mix to a greased 9x13 casserole dish.
Bake uncovered in pre-heated oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 30 to 45 minutes until golden brown.
Remove the casserole from oven. Sprinkle grated cheese on top.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden on top.
Remove casserole from the oven.
Let is rest for 5 minutes on the counter before serving.
Optional - Garnish with chives or green onions or parsley before serving.
Slice portions from the casserole and serve it alongside any meal.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- You can substitute 1 can of sweet corn with 2 cups of fresh corn. No need to cook it first. Simply cut it off the cob and use it directly. It’ll have a wonderful flavor and bite to it.
- Sour cream and eggs add moisture and airiness to the dish. I highly recommend you don’t skip both.
- For super rich casserole you can add ¼ cup of cream cheese as well along with sour cream. The saturated fat in cream cheese and sour cream will make it rich, creamy and extra delicious.
- For little heat consider adding pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar cheese or add ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- You can also add diced green chilies, diced jalapenos for heat if you like.
- Cooking time may vary as every oven behaves differently. Keep a eye on the casserole while it’s baking. Bake until the center is set and you have golden top.
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 614mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1031IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 1mg