Healthy Oven Roasted Leeks
Roasted leeks are one of the simplest, easiest side dish you’ll ever make! Roasting leeks in oven with spice mix and cheese makes it one of the unique but most delicious side dish alongside any grilled or roasted meat!
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 leeks
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
First let’s make the spice mix. You can use plain salt and pepper for seasoning. Adding cayenne pepper makes it more flavorful and tasty.
To make spice rub simply mix together salt, freshly ground pepper, cayenne pepper and olive oil.
Pre heat oven at 400 degree Fahrenheit.
Cover leeks with aluminium foil. Roast in oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until leeks are cooked to fork tender consistency.
Remove leeks from oven. Remove aluminium foil and place tray back into oven for another 5 to 10 minutes.
Remove tray once again, spread butter over it and sprinkle freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Continue to cook in oven for 2 to 3 minutes more until cheese melts.
Serve it hot.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Best to use fresh grated Parmesan cheese. It makes the dish taste much better.
- Cayenne pepper is optional. But highly recommend you use it. Adjust the quantity as per your spice tolerance levels.
- Garnish with parsley before servings.
- Leeks and potatoes are the most popular combination. If you want to roast leeks with potatoes, cut leeks into one inch circles. Roast it with chopped potatoes along with salt and pepper in olive oil.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 112mg | Potassium: 117mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1346IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 1mg