Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe
Roasted butternut squash with cinnamon and maple brings out all the wonderful flavors of fall and makes a great addition to your Thanksgiving table. A simple dish with simple flavors. You are going to love this cubes of ‘fall heaven’.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 4 lbs butternut squash
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme fresh chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
First : prep the squash, by peeling off the skin and chopping it into cubes (see instructions above).Pro-Tip : Make sure to dice even cubes (about 1 inch cubes). The more even cubes, the more perfectly squash will roast.
Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Transfer diced cubes of butternut squash into a large bowl.
Add olive oil, salt & pepper, maple syrup, cayenne pepper, chopped fresh thyme and rosemary. Toss everything together.
Spread the seasoned squash over greased baking metal tray. Pro-Tip : Make sure to spread squash in one even layer. If you over crowd or cramp the squash, it will end up steaming instead of roasting.
Roast in pre-heated oven at 375 degrees F.
After 15 minutes, remove the tray from oven and turn the cubes with a spatula. Return it back to the oven and continue to bake.
When you start seeing brown spots on the squash cubes, and fork cuts through it’s ready. Remove it from oven.
Transfer it to serving dish. Sprinkle with rosemary and thyme on top.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Dice butternut squash into even cubes (about 1 inch cubes) to ensure they roast evenly.
- Roasting time may vary depending on the size of squash cubes and your oven. Keep an eye on the squash after 20 minutes once you pop it into the oven.
- Spread squash in one even layer while roasting. Over crowding will end up steaming instead of roasting.
Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 27mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 232IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg