Egg Nests Easter Rice Krispie Treats
We are bringing to you the easiest, cutest and tasty Easter rice krispie treats nests. These Easter treats are just fun to make as much as to eat. Get your kids to help make these, they’ll have super fun.
Servings: 6 Large Easter nests
- 4 cups Rice Krispie Cereal
- 3 cups marshmallows
- 2 tablespoon butter
- A pinch of salt
For Green Coconut Grass-
- 2 Drops green food color
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup flaked coconut
Start by melting marshmallows in a tablespoon of butter on very low flame. Once marshmallow melts remove it from heat and pour it over Rice Krispies. Spray cooking oil over spatula to avoid rice krsipies and marshmallows sticking to it. Mix with spatula gently until everything comes together.
Grease your palm with butter or oil. While the mix is still warm, divide into equal portions(as big or as small treat you’d like to make). Roll the rice krispie balls and shape into birds nest shape.
Optional step – to make neat birds nest shape, once I shaped the rice krispie balls roughly into nests I place them in muffin tray and shape it completely to get perfect (somewhat) Easter birds nests shapes.
Shape all portions of Rice Krispies into Easter birds nests and place in muffin trays. Let it rest of 2-3 hours. I pop them in fridge to help cool faster and harden so it holds it’s shape.
Just before serving, sprinkle some green colored coconut shreds over the Rice Krispie nests and top it with Easter chocolate balls.
To make green colored coconut grass (shreds) – Slice coconut shavings into thin strips. Mix few drops of green color in water. Dip coconut into the food coloring. Dip and remove soon if you want lighter colored coconut. Spread it over baking tray and let it dry completely.
Then use it as garnish or Easter Rice Krispie treats Nest.
Sprinkle few green coconut flakes. Top it with chocolate eggs ( I love these pastel colored Easter chocolate Eggs).
- Use fresh marshmallows to make the best Easter nests.
- Don't melt marshmallows on high heat. Pull the pan off heat when you see marshmallow are melted. Don't wait, you'll burn your marshmallows.
- Always grease your palm with melted butter or oil before working with the rice Krispie treats.
- Easter Nests can be stored in air tight container for 2 days at room temperature. Don't store longer, it'll go bad.
- To store longer, freeze unfilled Easter nests. Lay in one single layer in air tight container lined with parchment paper and store in freezer for few months. To serve, let the nests stand in room temperature for 30 minutes before you fill with chocolate Easter eggs.
- The recipe makes approximately 5 large Easter nests. Shape it as small or as big you like.
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 163mg | Potassium: 42mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 1360IU | Vitamin C: 11.8mg | Iron: 5.9mg