📋 Hot Chocolate Sticks
Gift your friends and family a perfect DIY cute holiday gift with these hot chocolate sticks. You can now make delicious, creamy hot chocolate with endless flavoring and topping options with these hot chocolate on a stick.
Servings: 16 sticks (3.5cm x 3.5cm square)
- 18 oz semi-sweet or dark chocolate
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ½ cup confectioners’ sugar or powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup cream
- Mini marshmallows
- Peppermint candies
- White chocolate chips
Use microwave or double boiler to melt dark chocolate. If needed add ¼ teaspoon coconut oil to help melt chocolate.
Add cocoa powder, powdered sugar, salt and cream to melted chocolate.
Mix it all together.
Add chocolate to piping bag and snip off the end.
Pipe chocolate mix into silicon molds. Fill ¾ of the cavity leaving some space for toppings.
Stick a popsicle stick or lollipop stick to the center of each square.
Add desired toppings to each block of the chocolate.
Refrigerator until set, for 3 hours or overnight.
Store refrigerated until use.
If gifting, wrap in plastic bags tie with decorative ribbons.
To enjoy a cup of hot chocolate, use a LARGE cup. Pour VERY hot milk into a cup and stir chocolate stick in it until fully melted. Enjoy immediately.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Use a mix of semi-sweet and dark chocolate to get best taste. If you like your cocoa slightly bitter use only dark chocolate.
- You can substitute powdered sugar with condensed milk.
- Silicon molds are best as it’s easy to pull off the chocolate once set. You can also use ice cube trays. Use disposable one serving yogurt pot. Grease with flavorless oil and fill it ⅔ full.
- I used silicon mold with each squares measuring 3.5cmx3.5cm.
- You’ll need VERY hot milk for the cocoa block to melt. Use large mug, stir vigorously until melted. Hot water won't taste good for this hot chocolate sticks.
Calories: 273kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 45mg | Potassium: 230mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 180IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg