📋 RECIPE: 2 Ingredients Oreo Mug Cake
Need a quick sweet fix? Try this Oreo mug cake. You only need 2 ingredients to make this moist, decadent and so satisfying cake. And it’s ready in 1 minute! So easy!
Servings: 1 serving
- 4 OREO cookies
- ¼ cup hot milk
Use a microwave safe mug. Grease it with oil (optional step) and set aside.
I used mini packs which have 5 Oreo cookies. Smash cookies in the packet. No extra bowl or whisk needed. Less clean up.Jo’s Tip: be sure to smash Oreo as fine as possible (almost like flour) so the cake comes out nice and smooth. Add hot milk.Note: I used a pack of 5 cookies, I added 1 tablespoon extra milk.Important: it makes it easy to whisk a smooth batter with hot milk even if Oreo is not crushed/smacked fine enough.
Mix well until batter is nice and smooth and no crumbs of oreo are left behind.
Microwave the mug cake on high power for 1 minute. Check the mug cake, if it’s not set, cook for 10 seconds increments after the first minute until it’s done (cake should be set). DO NOT OVER COOK mug cake. It’ll turn rubbery.
Cool the cake for 2 to 4 minutes before serving. It’ll be very hot.
Serve oreo mug cake as it is. But I like it with whipped cream topping and few crushed oreo pieces. You can use vanilla ice cream.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Smash/crush Oreos as fine as possible to get smooth cake.
- It's easy to smash Oreo cookies fine by separating the cookie cream center. Smash the cookies, add milk, mix and microwave. Use cookie cream center (whisked) to drizzle as topping.
- Want fluffier mug cake? Add ¼ teaspoon baking powder to make mug cake fluffier.
- For extra rich and decadent mug cake, add white or dark chocolate chips before you cook the cake.
- Best cookie to milk ratio is ¼ cup milk for every 4 Oreo cookies.
- Want to make more than one? Use separate mug and cook it separately in microwave.
- Want it fancy? Top the mug cake with whipped cream or cool whip or vanilla ice cream. Feel free to drizzle chocolate sauce on it if you like.
- Regular milk can be substitute with your favorite milk like almond milk or other non-diary milk.
- Cooking time will vary with microwave and the size and shape of the mug. Always start with less time and keep checking if cake is set. DO NOT OVERCOOK mug cake, it will turn rubbery.
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 247mg | Potassium: 184mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 100IU | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 4mg