Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
Creamy Instant Pot Chicken Marsala is one of the easiest and fanciest Italian classic dish fit for any day any occasion. It’s so easy and fast to make in Instant pot that you can make it even on a weekday. Takes less than 15 minutes! Sounds like a perfect weeknight dinner, doesn’t it!
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 chicken breasts
- 10 oz button mushrooms – wash pat dry, slice it thin along with stem
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter unsalted
For creamy white sauce
- ⅓ cup Marsala wine
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 tablespoon thick whipping cream or heavy cream
- Salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste (adjust quantity to your taste)
- 2 teaspoon rice flour mixed with little water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
For flour mixture
- ⅓ cup rice flour you can use plain flour or corn flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
Prepping chicken steaks–
Wash chicken breasts well and pat dry it completely. Cut chicken breast(length-wise) in the center making 2 fillets of about ¼ inch thick. Alternatively you can pound the chicken breasts with meat mallet so chicken stays moist with amazing texture. This step is optional though.
Into a bowl of rice flour add salt, crushed pepper, garlic powder and mix well.
Coat a piece of chicken into the flour on both sides, shake off all excess flour and place the chicken coated in flour on a plate. Repeat for all chicken breast pieces.
Browning chicken -
Set instant pot to SAUTE MODE. Once pot turns hot, add half the olive oil and half butter into the pot. Place chicken fillets coated in flour into pot making sure they don’t touch or overlap each other. Cook few chicken pieces or in batches if you have to.
Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side or until chicken is seared well. Once chicken is browned on both sides, remove it onto a plate. Place all the browned chicken in one layer and cover with aluminum foil to keep it warm.
Creamy chicken marsala sauce-
Into the pot add remaining oil and butter.
Add the mushrooms, cook for 2 minutes stirring in between.
Add minced garlic and saute until garlic is fragrant.
Season with salt and pepper.
Pour Marsala wine, lemon juice and chicken stock. Stir.
Add heavy cream.
Sprinkle in dried oregano.
Stir everything well into a creamy white sauce.
Bring it all together-
Place back the browned chicken pieces into the pot.
Cover lid and ensure pressure release knob is secured in SEALING POSITION.
Select PRESSURE COOK option and alter the timer to 4 minutes.
Once cooking time is done, manually release pressure immediately by turning the valve to RELEASE POSITION.
Remove carefully cooked chicken pieces as we are going to thicken the sauce and we don’t want to break chicken fillets.
In a bowl whisk rice flour with little water. Whisk into lump free liquid. Pour into pot. Stir everything well. Set the pot to saute mode?
Once the sauce thickens off the pot and add back the cooked chicken pieces so it soaks in some of the creamy sauce into it.
Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
Serve immediately warm.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Do not overcook chicken breasts. It's important to remove chicken breasts between steps to get the sauce cooked but chicken breasts takes in all flavors without getting overcooked.
- We have used rice flour to coat chicken breasts(only because I love rice flour), plain flour or corn starch works absolutely best. You can use the same quantity of plain flour as rice flour quantity.
- Heavy cream gives a nice consistency to the sauce. Use half n half if you like it.
Serving: 0g | Calories: 822kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 56g | Fat: 43g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 227mg | Sodium: 2178mg | Potassium: 1445mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 970IU | Vitamin C: 10.5mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 2.2mg