📋Easy Buttered Noodles
If you need quick, easy, no-fuss dinner buttered noodles are going to be your life-saver! All you need is simple pantry ingredients and 20 minutes! It’s perfect for dinner or as a side dish.
Servings: 4 servings
- 8 oz egg noodles or pasta pappardelle, fettuccine, tagliatelle, spaghetti works
- 4 tablespoon salted butter
- ¼ cup pasta water
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice fresh squeezed
- ⅓ cup Parmesan freshly grated from a block
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes optional
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once the water begins to boil, add a couple of generous pinch of salt to the water (I used about 1 tablespoon of salt). Add noodles(or pasta) and cook according to packet instructions.
Cook pasta al-dente. Drain pasta. DO NOT RINSE PASTA.Reserve ¼ to ¾ cup pasta water to be used later.
While pasta cooks in water, heat another pan side by side.
Add salted butter to the pan. Add garlic powder and pepper. Give it a mix.
Add cooked pasta to the pan. Pour pasta water.
Grate parmesan cheese directly over hot pasta. Add in dried oregano, dried parsley, and fresh-squeezed lemon juice.
Give it a good stir until cheese and pasta blends together.
Serve hot with extra parmesan cheese grated on top, sprinkle red chili flakes and dried or fresh parsley. Enjoy.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
- Quality of butter and parmesan cheese is crucial. Use good premium quality ingredients to make them the best-tasting noodles.
- Cooking time for noodles will vary depending on the type. Egg noodles are classic, pappardelle, fettuccine, tagliatelle, and spaghetti work well.
- Add a generous amount of salt to boiling water before boiling pasta. The flavors are subtle, you want the dish to be seasoned perfectly in every step.
- Reserve pasta cooking water. This is crucial. Adding starchy water will create a thick sauce with just butter and noodles.
- Be sure to add freshly grated parmesan from block cheese instead of using pre-grated cheese from a bag.
- For added flavor you can cook pasta in vegetable stock, or chicken stock. You can also add 1 or 2 bouillon cubes to the water before cooking pasta.
- Taste after adding Parmesan cheese and adjust salt and seasoning according to your palate.
Calories: 356kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 241mg | Potassium: 173mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 535IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 133mg | Iron: 1mg