📋5 Minutes Hot Fudge Sauce Recipe
You won’t believe how simple and easy it is to make a hot fudge sauce recipe at home. This rich, gooey, thick chocolate sauce is perfect with any dessert. Spoon it over ice cream, on crepes, pancakes, and waffles, on skillet cookies, on cheesecake, and use it as dip or drizzle inside milkshake.
Servings: 12 servings
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
In a small saucepan melt chocolate chips and butter.
Stir cook on medium-low flame.
Once the chocolate is melted, add confectioners sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt to the saucepan.
Stir cook on low.
Simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes. This silky smooth luscious chocolate sauce will be liquid while it’s hot and as it cools will thicken.
Remove the sauce from heat.
Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
Pour hot fudge sauce into a mason jar.
Allow it to cool completely at room temperature.
Serve over ice creams, pancakes, waffles, crepes, cheesecakes, brownies, everything!
The nutrition values mentioned are for 1 tablespoon. The recipe makes approximately 1 ½ cups of sauce, which is approximately 12 tablespoons.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
- Use the best quality chocolate to make this fudge sauce. Use dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet or bitter-sweet chocolate chips.
- The sauce will be liquid/thin when it’s hot. As it cools it will thicken.
- When hot sauce touches chilled/cold ice cream it will separate. Wait for hot fudge sauce to cool and thicken before pouring over ice cream.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator it will last for 4-5 days.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 48mg | Potassium: 185mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 306IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 1mg