📋Homemade Italian seasoning
Italian seasoning is one of the necessary seasonings you must have in your pantry. Make your own seasoning mix by using every day pantry spices/herbs. Traditional Italian seasoning is a classic blend of dried herbs only, but you can make it the way you like.
Servings: 0.5 cup
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder optional
This homemade seasoning blend comes together in minutes. Simply grab your measuring spoon and measure out all the spices.
Mix and store it in clean dry glass spice jars.
Pro-tip: the combination of herbs used in the blend are of different textures and shapes say for example basil leaves are large and rosemary is more brittle, To make this spice even and easy to blend you can blend the mix of dried herbs and spices together in a food processor or using a spice grinder. This will make the spice blend uniform.
Recipe makes an approximately half cup of seasoning
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on the products used.
- To make this spice even and easy to blend you can blend the mix of dried herbs and spices in a food processor or using a spice grinder.
- Always use a clean dry airtight container to store spices. Air and moisture in the air can reduce the shelf life of the spice.
- Store spices in a cool, dry place like a pantry or a refrigerator.
- Never store spices near heat. The spice will lose its flavor.
- You can customize according to your taste, add more of your favorite herb if you like.
Calories: 183kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 35mg | Potassium: 962mg | Fiber: 25g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1349IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 1097mg | Iron: 44mg