📋How to cook jasmine rice
How to cook jasmine rice perfect every-single-time? Well, that’s real simple. Get the perfect rice to water ratio. I have shared tips and tricks to make perfectly cooked jasmine rice.
Servings: 4 cups
- 1 cup Thai jasmine rice
- 1 ¼ cup water
If you choose to rinse rice, rinse until water in the bowl is clear.
Add rinsed rice to medium stainless steel sauce pan along with water.
Bring it to rapid simmer on medium high heat. You should see water bubbles tripling in the pan.
Cover pot with glass lid. Reduce heat to low and cook for 12 minutes undisturbed. Avoid the temptation to open lid and check.
Remove pan from the burner and let it rest on counter for 10 minutes without disturbing.Note: It’s important to let cooked rice rest for about 5 to 10 minutes before you open lid and stir. This will help rice absorb all moisture and cook to soft texture. Open lid. Gently fluff rice with silicone or rubber spatula.Note: check video, rice is not stuck to the pan at the bottom without any need for oil.
Use cooked jasmine rice in any THAI dishes or serve it as side dish with other favorite meals.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Using the right pan is crucial. Use heavy bottomed stainless steel sauce pan with lid on.
- It’s really up to you to decide if you want to rinse rice or not. I ALWAYS rinse rice!
- IMPORTANT: rinsed rice use 1 cup jasmine rice: 1 ¼ cup water. Not rinsed rice: 1 cup jasmine rice: 1 ⅓ cup water.
- Use same cup used to measure rice for water too.
- Use glass lid. It's easy to keep a watch on rice without opening the lid or disturbing it.
- Avoid the temptation to open lid and check.
- It’s important to let cooked rice rest for about 5 to 10 minutes before you open lid and stir. This will help rice absorb all moisture and cook to soft texture.
- Fluff rice with silicone or rubber spatula instead of fork to reduce breakage of rice.
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 53mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg