Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
Bite sized chocolate cheesecake stuffed strawberries are fun to make mini desserts and great for parties or get together. A no bake treat with chocolate cheesecake stuffing inside strawberries.
Servings: 16 strawberries
- 1 pint large strawberries
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + extra for topping
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon butter softened
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup whipped cream or cool whip
Recipe starts with fresh firm large strawberries. Use the reddest, largest strawberries that you can find. Rinse and pat dry strawberries thoroughly.
Use a paring knife to cut ¼ inch off the stem side of strawberry.
Make a hollow hole in the center by removing the center of the berry with small melon baller or small spoon. Handle berry gentle and try not to reach the edges to scoop off. You might end up breaking the berry. If you have strawberry corer use it to make job simpler.
Cut a thin slice off the pointing end of strawberry to create flat surface so that the berries can stand.
Repeat this for rest of the berries.
Chocolate Cheesecake Stuffing-
Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips (can also use chocolate bark chopped into bits) with ¼ teaspoon virgin coconut oil in a small bowl in microwave at 50% power for 20 second intervals. For every 20 seconds remove from the microwave and give it a good mix with a spoon. When chocolate is 90% melted, remove it from microwave and mix it well. Reside heat of the bowl will melt the rest of the chocolate chips and turn into glossy pourable consistency chocolate syrup. Let the syrup cool down while we tend to cheesecake stuffing.
Use a stand mixer or hand mixer to beat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar until the mix is nicely creamed.
Add vanilla extract, unsweetened cocoa powder, softened butter and continue to beat. The mix should be fluffy and creamy.
Add cooled chocolate syrup to the bowl and beat until well incorporated.
Finally add whipped cream (or cool whip) and fold it using rubber spatula. Use gentle folds to incorporated whipped cream into the cheesecake mix. Do not beat or over mix stuffing. You want to be the stuffing nice and aerated.
Strawberry Cheesecake Assembly-
Transfer chocolate cheesecake mix into pippin bag fitted with star tip.
Pipe the mix into hollow hole of strawberries. Don’t be afraid to overfill.
If preferred top cheesecake stuffed strawberries with any of your favorite toppings (see section ingredients addition and substitutions for topping ideas).
Serve immediately or chill it for 4 hours in refrigerator and serve chilled.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- You want to use fresh, red, firm large strawberries. Larger berries = more space for cheesecake stuffing = more deliciousness!
- These are best served immediately. If you want to make ahead, make it 3 to 4 hours ahead and refrigerate it. Do not make more than 4 hours in advance as strawberries will begin to sweat diluting the cheesecake mix and it will turn soggy.
- Some fun variations you can try as topping – chocolate drizzle with sprinkles, OREO crumb, Graham cracker crumb with nuts, fresh blueberries.
Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 81mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 263IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg