Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
Try this strawberry spinach salad with poppy seed dressing for your next meal. Great as a side dish, terrific as meal as well if you plan to eat light and healthy. Poppy seed dressing adds magical flavors combination.
Servings: 8 servings
- 10 oz baby spinach rinsed and dried thoroughly
- 1 quart strawberry cleaned hulled and sliced
- ½ red onions sliced
- 1 cup pecans roasted and chopped
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbled
For Poppy Seed Dressing-
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard paste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon poppy seeds
Roast The Nuts- Roast pecan nut in oven at 300℉ for 5 to 8 minutes. Stay next to the oven and keep close watch. Nuts always tend to burnt pretty fast in oven. Toast until nuts are fragrant and begin to tan slightly. Remove immediately from the oven and transfer to cutting wooden board. Chop nuts into small pieces. Keep aside.
Poppy Seed Dressing – Into a jar pour vegetable oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper, mustard paste, poppy seeds. Close the jar tightly with lid. Shake well. Keep the dressing aside while you assemble the salad.
Assemble Salad – into a salad bowl add baby spinach, fresh strawberries, sliced red onion, toasted nuts. Pour poppy seed dressing. Toss gently.Pro-Tip: If you find raw red onion too harsh in taste, you can slice the onions, soak it in vinegar or ice bath for 10 minutes. Drain it and then use it. It’ll cut down the harshness.
Finally sprinkle crumbled feta cheese on top.
Serve immediately for best taste.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Baby Spinach - I like using baby spinach for it’s texture and flavor. To substitute baby spinach you can use lettuce, kale (fresh kale torn into small pieces and massaged slightly).
- If strawberries are not in season use mandarin orange segments or pineapple cubes to make this salad or roasted pumpkin cubes to make this salad.
Calories: 306kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 466mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 3371IU | Vitamin C: 80mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 2mg