Rich Creamy Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
Rich homemade blue cheese dressing is perfect for tossing with salads or as a dip for your favorite appetizers! This dressing is rich, creamy and chunky with wonderful balance of flavors!
Servings: 2 cups
- 6 oz blue cheese bleu cheese
- 1 ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup mayonnaise full fat
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon parsley fresh
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup buttermilk or milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Crumble blue cheese into a bowl. Whisk to make it creamy. You can keep it as creamy as you like or keep it chunky.
Add rest of the ingredients to the bowl – sour cream, full fat mayonnaise, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper to taste, sugar. Whisk it all together.
To serve as dip – keep it thick.
To serve as dressing – add 2 to 3 tablespoons of buttermilk and whisk it. Adjust the amount of buttermilk to use in the recipe according to get the consistency you prefer.
Transfer fresh blue cheese dressing into mason jars covered with lid.
Pro-Tip: the best tasting blue cheese dressing is the one that has rested for few hours in the fridge. Resting helps blue cheese blend it’s wonderful flavors into the dressing.
Wait before you serve! Rest it!
Store refrigerated for up-to 2 weeks.
Nutrition value mentioned are for 1 cup.
Nutrition for 1 Tablespoon blue cheese dressing is approximately 85 calories.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- For best tasting blue cheese dressing use good quality ingredients. Gorgonzola blue cheese works best.
- Wait before you serve! Rest it! The best tasting blue cheese dressing is the one that has rested for few hours in the fridge. Resting helps blue cheese blend it’s wonderful flavors into the dressing.
- Buy blue cheese (or bleu cheese however it’s called) in wedges or block. Crumble it to the size you like.
- Highly recommend you add buttermilk to the dressing for liquid component to make the dressing pourable. Buttermilk adds cool and tangy flavors to the dressing.
- Don’t whisk blue cheese into creamy consistency if you like chunky blue cheese dressing. Keep those chunks.
Calories: 1061kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 102g | Saturated Fat: 43g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 184mg | Sodium: 1744mg | Potassium: 572mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 2028IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 716mg | Iron: 1mg