Strawberry Milk 2 Ways
Strawberry milk is very easy to make, you’ll never want to pick those packed bottles. Bonus – you get 2 recipes for making strawberry milk, 1 –regular strawberry milk, 2 – whipped strawberry milk.
Servings: 6 glasses
For Regular Strawberry Milk Recipe
- 3 cups 500 grams strawberry, hulled and chopped
- 1 ½ cup 300 grams granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup water
- 6 cups very chilled milk
- Red food color – few drops
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For Whipped Strawberry Milk Recipe (Dalgona Strawberry)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3-4 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoon powdered strawberry homemade strawberry powder or use Nesquik brand of powdered strawberries
- 3 cups full fat milk
- Ice Cubes
Regular Strawberry Milk Recipe
The recipe starts with making your own strawberry syrup.
In a sauce pan heat chopped strawberries, sugar and water on low flame.
Stirring occasionally keep mashing strawberries.
When it boils up, reduce flame to lowest and continue to stir-mash-cook.
Cook for 10 minutes.
Remove sauce pan from heat and strain it using a fine mesh sieve. Mash as much as you can to extract as much strawberry syrup you can.
Cool syrup in fridge for 1-2 hours.
To make the drink – for 1 glass of chilled milk use 3-6 tablespoon of freshly made strawberry syrup. Please taste first and then add more if needed.
Stir milk and syrup together. Taste and add more as needed.
Serve strawberry milk chilled!
Whipped Strawberry Milk Recipe (Dalgona Strawberry)
Take chilled whipping cream in a chilled bowl and beat it.
Add sugar little at a time and continue to beat.
Add strawberry powder, continue to beat until stiff peaks are formed.NOTE: do not overbeat whipping cream, it will split.
Keep whipped strawberry cream refrigerated until use.
To serve –
Add few ice cubes to serving glasses.
Pour full fat milk into glass.
Top it with whipped strawberry cream.
Nutrition values mentioned are for 1 glass regular strawberry milk plus 1 glass large glass of dalgona strawberry.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- I used about 4 tablespoon of strawberry sauce for 1 large glass of milk. Depending on how sweet you like your drink, adjust the amount of strawberry sauce to add.
- For Dalgona strawberry milk, the whipped strawberry cream resulted in mild pink color. If you like to have a brighter color on whipped cream consider adding a drop or two of red food color (gel color) to it.
- If you have leftover strawberry syrup, store refrigerated for 3 to 4 days. Make sure to use it in 3 to 4 days.
- You can use any milk. For best taste, use full cream milk(whole milk) of your choice. It’ll result in thick, creamy, rich strawberry milk.
- Strawberry milk tastes best when served chilled
Calories: 638kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 175mg | Potassium: 750mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 84g | Vitamin A: 1179IU | Vitamin C: 163mg | Calcium: 451mg | Iron: 3mg