Classic Pea Salad With Bacon And Cheese
Irresistible classic pea salad is packed with flavors, loaded with bacon and cheese, dressed in creamy flavorful mayonnaise dressing. Enjoy this salad all year long using fresh or frozen peas.
Servings: 8 people
- 16 ounce frozen peas thawed and drained well
- 8 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese grated or cut into small cubes (size of peas)
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese grated
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 2 tablespoon radish optional, diced
- 1 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
Thaw frozen green peas and drain well. If not drained well, the dressing may thin down making salad liquid-y.
Add well drained green peas into a salad mixing bowl. Add the ingredients – bacon, red onion, radish, mayonnaise to the bowl. Toss salad gently.
Add both cheddar and Mozzarella cheese to the salad.
Toss everything until it comes together.
Chill salad cover in a bowl for atleast 4 hours.
This pea salad is best served chilled.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- You can use canned peas too to make this salad. Drain it completely and then use.
- To change things up, consider using cheddar cheese cubes instead of grated cheese. Buy a block of sharp cheddar cheese and cut into small cubes to the size of peas. Makes it look and taste great with a bite of cheddar.
- Replace mayonnaise with sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- You can even add ranch dressing in place of mayonnaise.
- Radish is optional. I love it in my salad. If you are not a radish fan use minimal or skip it entirely.
- Feel free to add diced hard boiled eggs to the salad to make it more nutritious and tasty.
- You can also add boiled baby potatoes (cut into halves) for the salad.
Calories: 446kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 620mg | Potassium: 225mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 584IU | Vitamin C: 24mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 1mg