Healthy Arugula Beet Salad With Feta Cheese
This super delicious and healthy beet salad with feta cheese and arugula is easy to make and bursting with flavors. A perfect balance of sweet and salty taste makes it a true crowd pleaser!
Servings: 4 servings
For Salad –
- 3 beetroots cooked and sliced
- 6 oz baby arugula
- ⅓ cup walnuts toasted (or any other nuts)
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbled
For Salad Dressing –
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar ordinary, not aged or glazed
- 1 ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon crushed pepper
- Salt as needed taste first and add only if needed
How To Cook Beets?
First step is prepping beetroot. You can choose to make any kind – steamed in instant pot, roasted in oven or boiled.
I personally love the texture of instant pot beets. It works great for salads.
Oven roasted is not bad either.
Once beetroot is cooked, remove it and let it rest for few seconds. Peel off the skin and slice it up.
We are now ready to get that healthy arugula beet salad made.
This recipe uses walnuts. You can use any other nuts of your choice like pine nuts, almonds.
Spread nuts onto a baking tray. Toast it in oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit for about 3 to 4 minutes. Nuts will burn pretty fast. Keep a close eye and remove it promptly.
What Goat Cheese Is Best?
Simple Salad Dressing
In a bowl whisk together olive oil, honey or maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, crushed pepper.
In a large plate or salad bowl start arranging the salad. Spread fresh arugula or any other salad greens.
Spread sliced beetroot over arugula.
Crumble and throw in the toasted walnuts.
Crumbled feta cheese and pile it up on the salad.
When you are ready to serve the salad, drizzle the dressing on top and serve immediately.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- You can choose to make any kind – steamed in instant pot, roasted in oven or boiled.
- While toasting nuts, keep a close eye and remove it promptly. Nuts will burn pretty fast.
- It’s always best to buy block or cubed fresh goat/feta cheese. It tastes better and has great fresh flavor.
Calories: 265kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 231mg | Potassium: 413mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1082IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 2mg