Creamy Avocado Dip
5 minutes is all it takes to make this healthy, delicious avocado dip. Close to guacamole but much more creamier and richer in taste. It’s ultra fresh, packed with flavours and a great appetiser dip for any occasion.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno leave the seeds on if you like spicy (I used regular chili)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Start by cutting ripe avocado into half. Remove the seed. Scoop out avocado flesh. Add it to the processor.
Add rest of the ingredients garlic, jalapeños (I used chili) lemon juice, salt, cumin powder, sour cream and loads of fresh cilantro leaves.
Blend it until smooth. Note I did not have to add any water.
Transfer creamy avocado dip into serving bowls.
Serve it as appetiser dip for fresh cut veggies or chips or nachos or spread on sandwiches, or drizzle over salads.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Choose the right ripe avocado for the dip. It makes all the difference. Flavor and the taste comes from avocado. If you can use the avocados from Mexico, they are always the BEST.
- Use this dip as soon as it’s made. This dip tastes great when served fresh. If you let it sit it’ll turn brown.
- It takes 5 minutes to make this dip, recommend you make it fresh all the time.
- Use freshly squeezed lime juice. Freshly squeezed lemon juice works too.
- Can’t stand cilantro? You can substitute it with parsley or green onions. Let me tell you the flavour and taste might not be exactly the same, but it works.
- You can keep it chunky or make it smooth depending on your preference. To keep it chunky, mash everything with a fork or wooden spatula.
- If you like spicy, generously sprinkle cayenne pepper. You can also increase the jalapeños in the recipe to add heat.
Calories: 131kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 14mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 273IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg