Blender Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
Contemplating on what to do which the ripe banana?! Let’s turn it into an easiest breakfast that’s not just delicious but super healthy too. It’s gluten-free banana oatmeal pancakes.
Servings: 3 servings
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 ½ cup gluten free rolled oats can use gluten rolled oats too, if you are not on any dietary restrictions
- ½ cup milk any milk of your choice – non fat diary milk or almond milk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- Butter for cooking optional
Dump all the ingredients – gluten free oats, ripe banana, milk, egg, pinch of salt, baking powder, cinnamon powder, vanilla extract into the blender directly. No need to mash banana or powder the oats separately. Dump all at once.
Blend until smooth.
Heat a griddle or cast iron pan. You can smear the pan with butter if you like.
Pour a ladle full or ⅓ cup of pancake batter on to griddle on medium low heat. Oatmeal pancakes needs extra love with low and slow cooking. Be patient.
Cook on one side until golden brown and you see tiny bubbles appear around the edges. It will take approximately 2-3 minutes.
Flip and cook on other side for another 2 minutes.
Serve fresh pancakes with sliced banana and maple syrup on top or with any other toppings of your choice.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- You'll get approximately 10 pancakes(⅓ cup batter each).
- Use rolled oats or quick-cooking oats only. DO NOT USE STEEL CUT OATS for this recipe.
- The secret to fluffy pancakes is the right consistency of the pancake batter. It should be easy to spread, but doesn't spread too thinly while pouring.
- As the batter sits, it will thicken. You can loosen it with milk or water, but do not thin it down too much. You won't achieve fluffy pancakes with thinned down batter.
- You can use well seasoned cast iron pan to cook pancakes. Or an non stick griddle.
- Wait before you flip, wait for the bottom to cook to golden brown and tiny bubbles appear around the edges of the pancake. Do not rush it.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 55g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 238mg | Potassium: 704mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 195IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 2mg