Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
Get ready for homemade roasted red pepper pasta recipe that is completely made from scratch all in 30 minutes! Of course jarred peppers are convenient, but if you can make from scratch, under budget, why go for jarred version!
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 red bell peppers
- 2 shallots or onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup milk of your choice use almond milk to make it vegan (if needed extra add few tablespoons extra )
- 12 ounce spaghetti noodles or other pasta of your choice
- Chopped Parsley
- Parmesan Shavings
- Freshly ground black pepper
How To Roast Peppers For The Sauce:
For this pepper sauce, I prefer red bell peppers. Gives a distinctive orangish colored sauce. Yellow or green bell peppers will change the color of the sauce.
To roast peppers for the sauce, spray (rub) olive oil to red bell peppers, shallots or onions, and garlic and season with salt and ground black pepper. Broil or roast in oven at 400 F until black spots are seen on bell peppers. It might take about 20 minutes. Keep an eye on onions and garlic. If you see onions and garlic turning black, remove them and let bell peppers alone roast well.
Remove from oven, let it rest for couple of minutes until it’s cool enough to handle peppers. Peel skin off peppers, de-seed them.
Blend roasted and peeled peppers with roasted onions, roasted garlic until smooth. You can add few tablespoon of tomato paste to the sauce for extra flavors.
That’s it, roasted red pepper sauce ready!
Tossing Pasta in Sauce:
You can simply toss cooked pasta in the sauce. I personally prefer to heat up the sauce and adjust the seasoning before in toss in the pasta. Pasta in creamy red pepper sauce is best when served HOT!
Heat olive oil. Add the sauce and let it turn hot.
Then season with salt and ground pepper.
Add milk of your choice and mix it all together.
Once creamy sauce turns hot, turn off flame. Add in any cooked pasta of your choice. Toss well to coat evenly.
Serve hot garnished with chopped parsley, couple of Parmesan shavings before you serve.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Add few tablespoons of tomato paste while blending the sauce for extra flavors.
- Red bell peppers have natural sweetness in it. To balance the flavors and for heat add little cayenne pepper or red chili flakes.
- If you got jarred peppers, definitely use, it’s cuts cooking time to half! Remove peppers from the jar, chop it roughly. Add it to the blender along with sauteed onions and garlic. You can add few tablespoon of tomato paste for more flavors. Blend everything together until smooth.
Calories: 437kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 24mg | Potassium: 472mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2844IU | Vitamin C: 116mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2mg