Best Summer Cherry Tomato Salad
This fresh tomato salad is simply the best and easiest summer salad you’ll ever make! This salad is ideal to be served with anything from the grill! It tastes absolutely delicious after it has been marinated for an hour. Best served chilled!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 pints fresh cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar good quality
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil chopped fine
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place chopped tomatoes, sliced red onions in a salad mixing bowl.
Drizzle with olive oil and red wine vinegar.
Season with crushed peppers and salt to taste.
Sprinkle fresh chopped basil leaves.
Gently toss everything together.
Let the salad sit at room temperature for about an hour before serving.
Serve the salad with your favorite grilled meat.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- You can use a mix of tomatoes, red cherry tomatoes, yellow grape tomatoes.
- For herbs you any or a mix of - fresh basil leaves, fresh mint leaves, fresh oregano.
- Note: dried herbs will not do justice to the salad. Use only fresh herbs.
Calories: 147kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 28mg | Potassium: 556mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 1210IU | Vitamin C: 56mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 2mg