Best Ever Roasted Cauliflower Steaks with Chimichurri Sauce
Amazing oven roasted cauliflower steak is going to be your new favorite vegetarian entrée or side dish, undoubtedly! The flavors in the steak and chimichurri sauce together will blow your mind away!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 or 3 large cauliflower heads
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Cajun seasoning mix adjust spice mix depending on how spicy you like your steaks to be can be substituted with paprika or cayenne pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil good quality
How To Cut Steaks -
First remove the green inedible leafy parts from the base of the cauliflower.
Trim off little part of the stem if it’s too long. Make sure you don’t cut too deep. We want to keep the core/stem intact.
Cut cauliflower head right through the middle into half.
Cut and 1 inch thick slice of steak from each half of the cauliflower. The smaller florets will break and fall part, don’t worry about it. I was able to get two or sometimes 3 full sized steaks from one cauliflower hear depending on the size and shape of cauliflower head. You should be able to get 2 hearty steaks atleast from each cauliflower.
Save the crumbly parts of excess florets that can be used in other recipes.
How To Roast –
Drizzle olive oil over each steak on both sides and rub it very gently all over the surface of the steak.
Sprinkle the seasoning mix (salt, pepper, garlic powder and Cajun seasoning mix) as little or as generously as you like on both sides. Using gentle fingers rub the spice mix all over the steak.
Cover tray tightly with aluminum foil. This will help cook the steaks and soften it too.
In a preheated oven at 500 degree Fahrenheit, roast it for 15 minutes.
Remove foil and continue to roast the steaks for 3 to 5 minutes or until it begins to brown.
Flip it once in between and roast it until golden brown on the other side.
Broil it for a minute to sear it if needed.
Serve it immediately with creamy chimichurri sauce or a mash.
These roasted steaks tend to become softer due to the moisture in it after cooking, so it’s best served immediately, right out of the oven.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Cut out steaks of same thickness for even roasting.
- Don’t worry about crumbly bits of cauliflower when you cut out thick steak from the middle.
- Cajun spice mix is spicy, use the amount of spice with caution depending on your spice level tolerance.
- If you want creamier texture of chimichurri sauce simple pulse the ingredients in a blender for 1 or 2 seconds or more depending on how creamier your sauce needs to be.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 798mg | Potassium: 2149mg | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 123IU | Vitamin C: 346mg | Calcium: 158mg | Iron: 3mg