Chicken Detox Soup
Chicken detox soup has everything you may want, a boost of immunity, nutriment hydration when you are feeling down the weather, lowers inflammation and helps shed weight, get your health back, cleanses your body, everything! Eat this detox soup for dinner every night, you’ll feel good, you’ll weigh great!
Servings: 10 cups
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 quarts chicken stock low sodium
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion diced
- 2 cups celery chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon ginger shred it or mince it
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced into rounds
- 2 ½ cups broccoli chopped
- 1 ½ cups frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes reduce to ½ teaspoon if needed
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and pepper crushed, to taste
- ½ cup parsley chopped
Start off by prepping all the vegetables. You can chop vegetables into chunks or shred it into small pieces.
Dice onions and celery. Peel carrot skin and chop into small rounds discs. Chop broccoli into medium sized florets. Chop celery into small pieces.
Mince garlic and ginger.
Set a large soup pot on medium heat. Add olive oil. Saute onions, celery, minced garlic and ginger in olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes or until onions begins to sweat and turn soft.
Add raw chicken breasts into the pot along with carrots, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper, red chili flakes, turmeric and chicken broth.
Bring to boil. Once it starts boiling, lower the heat, cover the pot with lid and simmer it for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken breast is cooked through and moist (do not over cook chicken breasts).
Then remove cooked chicken breasts from the pot using tongs onto wooden chopping board. Add chopped broccoli, frozen peas and fresh parsley into the pot. Let it continue to cook until broccoli is tender.NOTE – if you find broth levels reduced below the vegetables pour some more broth. You want to have all vegetables covered and immersed inside the broth.
Meanwhile shred cooked chicken breasts using two forks.
Add shredded chicken back into the pot once broccoli is cooked and tender. Stir it and leave for 2 minutes on heat.
Taste to adjust salt and pepper if needed.
Pour hot soup into serving bowls and serve immediately.
Nutritional Info – Please keep in mind that nutritional information provided is only a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.
- Add more vegetables along with the what's mentioned in the recipe. Mushrooms, spinach (to be added in the last after you turn off flame), zucchini can be used.
- Use low sodium chicken broth to make it healthier.
- Do not over cook vegetables and chicken. You want it to be just cooked through.
- If you have any leftover rotisserie chicken, use it for the soup recipe. Remove outer crispy skin and shred chicken and add it to the soup.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 367mg | Potassium: 657mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 3787IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 1mg